FM See-Thru RDB or BLK?

Updated
Dave P.

Looking for opinions on what color you prefer over a flame maple ESP; see-thru reindeer blue or black?

Please note if you saw both together side by side in person - or otherwise.

I have no local dealer and can't see them in person, and am having trouble deciding, my thoughts below from internet pictures.

It's on an E-II FRX if it matters...

Black:

Pros: is neutral (not a color), suits this model well, and will age well (can't really go out of style and become uncool).

Cons: is dark, almost as scary as solid black and the maple is hard to see, 

RDB:

Pros: is brighter and shows off the maple better (so looks more high-end), classes-up this model a bit (less heavy metal scary to women and children), one of the coolest blues I've ever seen.

Cons: though it looks amazing, blue is not my favorite color (if I had a choice of color it would be red, orange, amber, brown or natural). I'm not good with coordinating colors, bought a green strap for my see-thru green acoustic and wife said it clashed and looked stupid. I regret getting that acoustic in green, picked it over blue (were only 2 colors) as I have green eyes... 

...and no, I can't afford to step up to ESP-original to get the see-thru black cherry which is what I really want. Think E-II will get more colors/options next year (should I wait? Worried about prices going up, it's already at my max discounted to $3000 in Canada). 

Your thoughts...?

Post to Thread