my first ESP

Updated
my first ESP

I would like to buy my first ESP

I have no clear ideas, and so much models, labels

I have many jackson gibson fender, mostlsy metal axe and I would like to buy an eclipse or a sg (viper)

Someone of you can suggest me what to look for?

which is the best series and year?

Pushead

What price range are you looking in?

carlocki

1000 to 2000

Pushead

US Dollars?  You've got an excellent range of used ESP Standards available on eBay and other sites.  I'm not sure there's much quality difference during any specific year range.  I'm partial to the post 2000 stuff. I haven't had a chance to play any of the E-II guitars yet, but there isn't a Viper E-II model currently.  But any of these would easily fit into that price range. 

At the top end of your range, you might find a used custom shop version of a Viper (probably not Eclipse).

Gfunk

I have a viper.

carlocki

finding a lot of eclipse here in italy for 900 euros

not bad

black silver

white

jt76

the nice thing about ESP is that all the models are of equal quality and playability as long as they are of the same series.

in my opinion they rank like this,

custom shop > Navigator / *original / *Usa >  standard series / esp custom guitars / 80's models > EII > LTD elite > *edwards / LTD deluxe > LTD

* I don't not have personal experience with esp originals, esp usa, or edwards, and have positioned them based upon pricing and other peoples descriptions.

for esp standard series the necks tend to all be very similar,  they are a bit fatter,  and have a slight gibson 50's feel to me.   The eclipse and vipers have a short gibson scale neck.

the esp from the late 90's  are marked esp custom guitars on the back of the headstock  have a thinner neck,  thin like a 60's gibson not thin like an ibanez wizard.

again the eclipse and vipers have a short gibson scale neck.

The esp necks from the 80's tend to be model specific, all different shapes and sizes.

signiture models from any time period are specific to the artists design and also tend to be model specific, all different shapes and sizes. 

In your price range I would buy a used ESP branded model marked standard series or esp custom guitars. 

beyond that its just picking the model, pickups, that you prefer

carlocki

custom shop how much it cost?

a simply color eclipse or viper?

what is navigator?

custom shop is in japan or usa?

Pushead

An "Eclipse Custom" or "Viper Custom" would typically be a guitar produced with ESP's highest quality level.  They had production line "Custom" guitars, but also took and would produce one-off guitars.  These guitars would be a higher level than the Standard Series guitars.

Viper Custom

There is a USA custom shop now, but most customs you'll find were Japanese made.

Navigator is the brand name for the ESP companies high-line, vintage guitar style production.  You can find high quality versions of Les Paul, Strat, Tele and other shapes with vintage Gibson and Fender specs.

Post to Thread