First Guitar Disasters!

Updated
First Guitar Disasters!

We all started somewhere...what was your first axe?

I started with a Chines made Kapok 3/4 acoustic. It had been in the family about 30 years before I got it, about 25 years ago! It started out with nylon strings, then I decided that it needed better tone, so i threw on a used set of 10-guage electric steels. Oddly enough, the bridge ripped off the body...

So tell us where it started for you! All horror stories are good...

The G.

I'll bite, as its the only dumb thing I did to a guitar. Got a Westone guitar with a Floyd copy that had been blocked by a wood block. Popped that sucker out and the release pushed the studs forward. Cheap repair and it was good to go!

guitargirlemg81

Since this is a disaster thread you should post your dolphin and bear guitars.

guitargirlemg81

speaking of...

Pushead

In 27 years I've managed to not destroy my first guitar.

J

I deliberately destroyed my first guitar.

Anyway, it was a plywood 3/4 acoustic and what happened to it wasn't a disaster, per se. I had it for as long as I remember. It was the guitar that I could always go to just to strum and make noise with when I was a child. But when I actually started to be interested in learning to play guitar at around 10 years old, I knew it wouldn't suffice. So I took it and smashed it against an old tree stump on my backyard. It was just time for it to go so my parents would buy me a new one. No one in my family plays musical instruments and they'd likely have thought the guitar was good enough. They're the kind of people that cannot understand why you would need more of one thing.

Aside from that, I can't say I've had any. I take good care of my shit...well, used to. I've been neglecting my electric guitars for the last 5 years. They've been in their cases since.

Gfunk

Pusyhead, post the pic of the donkey that strung his strings through the block of his floyd.  That was fairly comical.

ProfessorExp

Squire Strat. Bought it with a $100 I won on a bet when I was 15. Complete with just about any sticker I could get my hands on and duct tape strap locks lol. It shouldve been destroyed by now, but its still going strong (although its mostly a decoration these days).

ProfessorExp

Everyone loves satanic dolphins. 

Zhalman

My first guitar was a Harley Benton SG, I didn't destroy it since the guitar was disaster itself(and I try to take care of my stuff), but it had certain "schocking" attributes I found funny when my friends played it.

donting

Only one i have is when my explorer i had some work done on arrived back to my house with the headstock snapped off. I just made a new thread to tell the tale...  

Fran M.

my first guitar disaster was around year 2000 when I was adjusting the truss rod of my guitar while I was in my friend's studio. Some girl opened the door and asked me if the studio was available. I looked at her as I answered her question while trying to tighten the truss rod...then I heard a loud SNAP! The back of the neck was damaged.. lesson learned. HAHAHA

Pushead

Ishtiaq S.

I lost my first axe to a gear thief I suppose :( wherever it now may be... May it find peace n serenity.

Post to Thread