possible ngd

Updated
possible ngd

This is a gibson les paul standard at my local GC,  its a used 2013,

Should I buy it?  opinions on the flame and voids in flame near the the neck pickup.  

Thanks

Pushead

Price?

I'm not a fan of the color, or the perimeter burst.  The flame is interesting, but not so great that I'd pay extra for it.  I don't mind the spots by the pickup, gives it character.  If it's around $1500, I'd say go for it.  Otherwise, you could find dozens similar on ebay or Craigslist right now.

jt76

Thanks,

its Iced Tea burst the cell phone didn't quite get the color right.  I don't mind the perimiter burst, but I do like the traditional burst better,  They are asking $2000, I thought the price was a few hundred to high, but I don't watch Gibsons that much so I don't know what they should go for.

jt76

What's your opinion on custom vs  standard?

slab

yeah, no

unless you have to have it, keep shopping

customs are really a different animal

jt76

I played a custom tonight.  Not at all what I am looking for.  So disreguard that.  

slab

my next guitar will be a 68ri

after that, i'm getting a unicorn guitar

because somebody already took the dolphin thing

Pushead

I like both Customs and Standards.  $2000 is ridiculous.  If you're looking for a LP, stick to Craigslist.  They're not moving here in Clevo at all.

jt76

Thank, craigs list here has nothing.  Have been watching for about a year.  played a trad tonight and liked it lot.  it was rootbeer which I hate but liked the weight and sustain. And bit cheaper then a standard. A few months ago i almost bought an 80's standard that needed a refret.  It was really nice sounding. Passed because of the refret.  Wish I had not. Agree the price is to high on this one and think I will let it go and keep looking I still love esp but there is something about real les paul. Thanks for the input.

Post to Thread