R u alive forum?

Updated
R u alive forum?

Well...I remember saying I would stick with this forum for my entire life. But the layout has become physically uncomfortable to use. 

And I can't post links, but as a 2006 forum veteran (I have seen it ALL) I know some of you might be interested to know that I've finished my latest tunes. Go to fourstrokebaron . bandcamp . com. Or just Google "Four stroke baron" and it'll pop up as the first result. 

My eyes welled up on the way to work, thinking about the forum.  

ChainOfThought

Link: http://fourstrokebaron.bandcamp.com

Plz...don't go 

Will check out your music very soon, I've been looking forward to it.  I have to teach a class in the morning and the internet is slow as shit right now or I'd get to it right now.

exhibit-sbt

http://fourstrokebaron.bandcamp.com/

Cool man, thanks for sharing.   Yeah the current status of the forum is painful to think about.  I thought if we had old threads resurrected (like the correct greatest thread and such) things would improve but alas, they haven't resurrected the general disc thread.

KFW

If y'all want to find me on Facebook, just send me a message on here. Or you might remember my name/have mutual forum friends on FB. 

And thanks for sharing those links, dudes!

I mean, I'd like to stay. And I maybe could get used to it here...but the whole layout is more like a guestbook. Makes sense for the company, but sucks for the awesome community we used to have here. But I think this type of forum is purposefully not as conducive to discussion, and more for answering broad questions. 

ChainOfThought

I lied I listened to the first couple.  I definitely dig it.  Reminiscient of Third World Psychic but its definitely something new.  I have a feeling this will definitely make it into my regular rotation as well.

Whats the recording setup?

KFW

Thanks man! Yeah, the biggest differences are obviously vocals and actual structured songs. I got sick of releasing basically a cluster of demos, and it always just seemed unfinished/not to its full potential to me. 

A telecaster tuned to A standard, jazz bass, all the guitars are free amp sims, except for some stuff supplemented with acoustic. Everything mic'ed, I used a Rode NT1A and an SM57. Drums are BFD2. 

metalhobo

i'll give you four strokes, baron

KFW

The band name came from a friend and I trying to come up with fake Judas Priest song titles. The formula was this: car/engine reference, medieval/royalty/historical reference, and/or a slightly homoerotic reference. Four Stroke Baron did all of those perfectly.

ChainOfThought

I sent you a request on the bookface...profile picture is a depiction of the statue of liberty, which reminds me its about time I change that back to a real picture of me.

battles_atlas

Hey, I created an account here purely to demand that Four Stroke Baron, which from the sound of it is you, release some more damn music. The bandcamp EP is my find of the year. When is more coming man?!

slab

huh, how did i miss this?

sounds killer

metalhobo

i hear kfw moved to the outskirts of reno and is now feeding his penny slot and slut addiction by selling pepsi mixed with mike n ikes (codeine and comet). the kids call it "juicy juice."

slab

backslider

KFW

Thanks battles_atlas! That's awesome. And I'm in the process of making a full length, I plan to release it around next summerish. Don't want to rush/compromise anything. 

And my penny slot slut addiction is spiraling out of control 

battles_atlas

Ace, look forward to it KFW. Keep the whole Battles-meets-Deftones shit, I'm all over that.

KFW
battles_atlas wrote:

Ace, look forward to it KFW. Keep the whole Battles-meets-Deftones shit, I'm all over that.

It's funny, when Cloudkicker shared my stuff, I didn't really hear the Battles meets Deftones thing. But I've heard that quite a bit since. I'm a big Deftones fan, but I honestly don't hear it, haha. And I had heard of Battles but never really gave them a listen. 

The next one is going to be in standard tuning mostly, but will still be melodic and heavy. Not quiiite as heavy as the EP, but close. 

I appreciate the interest

metalhobo

KFW

*Congratulations! You have acquired a new fetish!*

SweetLeaf

Guess I'm alive too. Been sick for the last couple weeks, so my YouTube channel has slowed down. And I needed a new headset, so I should be making videos again in the next week or so.

♥messiah♥

lul lucky has a youtube channel.  Even better, he thinks we care!

Post to Thread