Official ESP Forums Video Game Thread

Updated
Official ESP Forums Video Game Thread

It's a pretty exciting time to be a gamer right now! PS4 is breaking records all over the place, Xbox One is taking over living rooms and entertainment centers across the globe, and PCs are becoming more popular than ever!

What are your opinions? Which platform did you choose? What games are you looking forward to in 2014?

I have a PS4 tucked away for Christmas morning, and I'm proud to say I haven't given into temptation and it's still sealed in the box.

Here's a few games that I can't wait to get my hands on:

Infamous: Second Son

Watch_Dogs

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Titanfall

Zorlac

Pretty tough

KFW

I really wish I still liked video games. I used to love them when I was younger, but at some point when I turned 15-16 I all of a sudden stopped liking them. Which is unfortunate, because they're a good way to pass the time, and I have some legitimate good video game memories. ANALOG WORLD SUX

metalhobo

HAH been playing the same game. With the same filter.

do you use a snes controller? I just got one

load more replies (1 of 1)
guitargirlemg81

I can't believe I never saw this. I knew about speedruns but to be able to see those skilled people playing no TAS live is just mind blowing. Look how alpha as fuck is this guy playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrA91_xg4M

Hmouth

I got myself a PS4 as well ow (thanks to the lovely lass) and I have to say it trumps the X1 in terms of presentation. Although admittedly, I still play the X1 more but i think thats down to the games that are available. 

vipprimo

What,nobody said guitar hero?  Just joking.

The only thing I play is xBox 360 for Gears of War and GTA V Online.  

That's enough torture for one day.

guitargirlemg81

This post makes more sense today.

ChainOfThought

So I decided to say fuck it and buy a PS4.  Was going to get a few new games for the 360 and decided the money would be better spent on a new console.

I picked up BF4 and Killzone with it...beat them both in 2 days though :/  I only have access to 3g internet right now, just good enough to get updates & download some games & shit.  So multiplayer gaming is essentially a bust for now.

So...what else should I grab?  The store here only has Watchdogs, inFamous, NFS:Rivals, MGS:GZ, and maybe one other one that I wasn't interested in.  I figure inFamous will be one that I need to pick up at some point, but the reviews make it sound like it doesn't have a lot of replay so I don't want to pay full price.  Same with Watchdogs.  I need to get Black Flag sooner than later, I finally finished ACIII the other day (thats what prompted the purchase).  Are there any good open-world/RPG type games yet?  DiabloIII doesn't count....I played that death on XBox, I tried to kick it on a few days ago and was bored to tears in about 40 seconds flat.  

Skoggy

Same story here, bought BF4 and The Last of Us Remastered. I would highly recommend that game, it's very good and has a good story aswell.

ChainOfThought

The seller for me (I guess) on the PS4--I've NEVER been a playstation dude--was all the reports saying that cross-platform games look better & perform better on the ps4.

guitargirlemg81
ChainOfThought wrote:

So I decided to say fuck it and buy a PS4.  Was going to get a few new games for the 360 and decided the money would be better spent on a new console.

I picked up BF4 and Killzone with it...beat them both in 2 days though :/  I only have access to 3g internet right now, just good enough to get updates & download some games & shit.  So multiplayer gaming is essentially a bust for now.

So...what else should I grab?  The store here only has Watchdogs, inFamous, NFS:Rivals, MGS:GZ, and maybe one other one that I wasn't interested in.  I figure inFamous will be one that I need to pick up at some point, but the reviews make it sound like it doesn't have a lot of replay so I don't want to pay full price.  Same with Watchdogs.  I need to get Black Flag sooner than later, I finally finished ACIII the other day (thats what prompted the purchase).  Are there any good open-world/RPG type games yet?  DiabloIII doesn't count....I played that death on XBox, I tried to kick it on a few days ago and was bored to tears in about 40 seconds flat.  

I really care too little about the new consoles but I can see some cool games. Look for the PS4 version of The Last Of Us if you didn't play it on ps3. I'm honestly surprised on how praised this game is but it's good and much better than most AAA titles that are coming out these days. I played like 30 minutes of Watch dogs and got bored of it plus the gimmicky hacking bullshit is dumb; this game has a lot of mixed reviews but I guess that if you are into running arround openly the city, shoot cops in the streets, chase people on foot or in cars and completing missions ala Assassins Creed or GTA then you will probably like it. There's a beat them up game called Knack, it's the typical defeat the enemies and move on to the next area with spidermanish/hulk game battle mechanics but it's really well done, nothing really innovative but the characters are funny and the art style and graphics are fantastic and it's so well done it's worth the play. For RPGs I did a quick search and the only current games I could find for PS4 were Transistor, Bound by Flame and Final Fantasy 14 Online A Realm Reborn. Here are some interesting upcoming RPGs, plus Assassin's Creed Unity coming in october. Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF15 look like they're going to be amazing but who knows when they are going to be released.

ChainOfThought

Ugh, it looks like I might just have to buy Diablo again and hope the expansion is worth a damn.  I'm not a big fan of JRPG games, never got into final fantasy.  The RPG thing was probably the biggest fence factor for me with switching from xbox to ps4, with the generalization that PS gets the JRPG lineup and XBox gets the American style games.

Plenty of whats coming out look like fucking FANTASTIC games.  If you: 1) Enjoy MMO's and, 2) have an internet connection that will allow you to play them.  I think I could handle an MMO the way that most of whats coming out seems to be doing it....the single-player experience in a persistent online world with the option of getting into the groups & shit that MMO's bring naturally.  But I'm not so ready to pay a subscription fee to a game.  This trend of everything going online is really going to piss me off as long as I'm stuck over here with shitty 3g internet.  All the single-player titles, from what I can see, appear to be 'run straight through the game, not much room for exploration, once the story is done its done' type of games.  Witcher 3 might be an exception.

Ugh.

ChainOfThought

I went ahead and picked up inFAMOUS...its pretty good, just gets a little tedious.  Some games I have to force myself to shut it down or I'll just play straight through the story in a 12-14 hour block, this one is not like that.  All the little side-missions and whatnot are ok, I can just only handle so much of the repetitive gameplay at a time.

I also saw Bound By Flame go on sale.  Between the sale, the extra % off for the Plus account (which is still a free trial) and the 10$ card that came with the system, I got the game for 15 bucks out of pocket.  So that seemed pretty cool.  Haven't started it yet though.

I also went and got myself a 4g wifi hotspot...Battlefield online is actually somewhat playable.  Definitely lags like a bitch, but its not an unbearable experience (as long as I can stay calm enough while getting murdered repetitively trying to get used to Battlefield having only ever played CoD   But, it makes me think that I would probably be ok to try ElderScrolls online & the other MMO's that are going to come out.

Hmouth

Id be interested to hear your thoughts on Bound By Flame, iv been looking for an RPG to get stuck into (that isnt Diablo 3). 

The G.

Looking forward to Destiny. Might be left behind since most my friends have a ps4 or will get one for Destiny. On the ropes about which to get since I can't just whip out $400-500 for a ps4.

guitargirlemg81

If anyone cares about uploading hq game videos check this out.

I just uploaded a 1.3gb video on gamersyde.com and it didn't take long. It handles 1080p and 60 fps.

It degraded the quality but it still looks much better than youtube, plus the silky smooth 60 fps. Too bad it only lets you upload 1.5 gb max per video.

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_skullgirls_1080p_60_fps_demo-6LhLSAZjsLoLetJf_en.html

Supposedly you need a very vast cpu to run it, it takes only 8% cpu usage here. HTML5 playback works way better than flash.

Post to Thread