New organ for the lawsuitsplorer

Updated
New organ for the lawsuitsplorer

Thought I'd make another thread of this guitar since things are slow around here...

Soo, new trem for the EXP-300. A Gotoh GE1996T unit. The stock trem wasn't all awful but the Gotoh is made of way more resonant metals resulting in more clarity, attack and sustain for example. All the parts fit together very tight, even better than on a few OFR trems I've had. Big ass quality.

The drop in was quite easy although I'm using OFR posts because didn't want to drill bigger holes to the body. Also, I had to change the lock screws to shorter OFR ones because after I had the intonation setup done, the screws didn't fit the recess which meant ending up with zero range for pullups. All is good now tho. Some people have routed the recess bigger but this seemed 'a little' more easy fix to me...

/tldr

Pics:

Old trem vs the Gotoh

Cheers!

MA110

Have you heard the Stone blocks?

Shaun

That looks fantastic! I've been wanting an LTD explorer like that for ages.

Kride

Cheers!

And yeah, I've heard about the stone blocks but I think they're overpriced since I can get a big brass block for less than 50USD shipped to Finland... The Stone ones are like ~160USD plus shipping. Wouldn't mind to try one out but for that price I'll pass.

Post to Thread