Forum Improvements

Updated
Forum Improvements

ESP Brethren - As many may now know, we have been making some changes over the last few weeks to try and make the forum user experience better for existing and new members. We've listened to feedback, and will continue to refine the experience to be as good as it can be. A few things to note:

- There is no longer a 2000 point metric to hit before you can post photos or links, this can be done immediately at sign-up. Refer to my brief 'tutorial' on how to maximize photo use.

- The nesting has been limited to only one level so you will not see the previous level of deep nesting. This will keep conversations much easier to follow and participate in.

- In addition to the option to reply within someones post (I personally see this as useful), you have the ability to quote a post as well to create a new top-level post.

- The reply box has been moved to the bottom of the page to make it easier to read and respond to the latest post.

- The 'Read More' feature has been removed so you will see all posts in their entirety.

- The original post no longer appears at the top of subsequent pages within a thread.

- Liking/Disliking a post no longer bumps the thread.

- Legacy smilies have been amended to the set.  

Thanks for reading and contributing. 

ChainOfThought

I don't think so.  It's slow but at least most of what gets posted now is actual stuff, not just bitch after moan about how the place blows.  A step in the right direction id say.

The G.

Seen that my name has been improved. I can roll with this.

ProfessorExp

Perhaps the worst of scorched earth is behind us and we can begin rebuilding...

revO

Wanted to say that I like this forum. It's very user friendly and fast / performance is nice. Haven't tested it on my Windows Phone yet.

Post to Thread