NRRRGD - Coppertopper

Updated
NRRRGD - Coppertopper

RRR Explorer based on the MX-250.  Got this one recently from Rob.  What a fantastic piece of wonderful playing art. 22 frets, no inlays, eboner, hondurian mahogany.  Yes, this is a fantastic playing instrument! Rob rules, his guitars are the best.  

Some live action from last night!  My band Suppressive Fire ( www.facebook.com/suppressivefire and https://suppressivefire.bandcamp.com )

The last half of our closing tune.  

ChainOfThought

Woah....any chance I can put my hands on that when I make it back into the country?

Gfunk

Woah....  Thats awesome, congas!

I thought you were more of a Vee type chick.  How does it compare (sound/feel) to your other customs? 

Is that really copper, will it patina?

Kride

Daymn that's hawt!

exhibit-sbt

Quoting isn't working.. if it ever did yet. 

Chain:  Yeah dude! Any clue when you're expected back this way?

Gfunk:  I've been through phases.  Right now the two main players are a Rico V and the RRR.  I have two strats as well I use a lot in the studio.  It should devinitly patina.  Actually in that picture above, all the textured look on it actually happened just due to Rob's playing on it.  Planning to use it for the next couple shows to get a nice coat of sweat working away on it..

Kride:  Thanks man!

ChainOfThought

Nah I've just gotta figure out a good vacation time.  I'm thinking mid-late October but I'm not sure.

metalhobo

You ordered that from scratch or what?

exhibit-sbt

Nah, Rob built it to sell but its pretty close to what I've wanted to order from him.  Coppertop is a bit of a happy bonus.  Wanted a red mx250, got this instead.  

Skoggy

Hotdamn! That's awesome! Congrats!

donting

Love the axe and good to hear you're happy with it

Sorry i don't know if you answered G's question re the copper. Will it eventually oxidise (is that what happens? like the statue of liberty) ?

In addition, wont it also make your strumming palm/hand go green eventually, like a pikeys fingers?

Pushead

He's on Facebook, though he's said he's getting out of guitar building.

metalhobo

ah shit. Who's going to build me my Super Star now?

exhibit-sbt

I think it may start to green, but bare in mind it's not sitting by the seawater and I may wear it off in the areas that green more.  We'll know in a few years lol.  

As for Rob, yep, just facebook.  Didn't know he was leaning towards out- I'm glad I got what I did when I did!  

RK, I wish you didn't have those inlays, I highly considered making offers on yours prior to. But then again, Exporahhhhh.

Thanks for the complements, they all go to Rob!  What a cool dude.  But seriously I need a 3" strap now, one show and my shoulder is fucken killing me on a 30 minute set.

Post to Thread