Photography Thread

Updated
Photography Thread

Don't believe we've made one of these yet here.  So...post up yer pictures of stuff.

donting

Mine and mrs gear

ChainOfThought

Good lord, your 70-200 is longer than my 55-300 almost by 100%   Not surprised it takes badass pictures.

I haven't gotten into filters at all yet...do you use them much?

slab

I am kinda getting the bug...

What would you guys recommend for entry level rig?

Say 500 american...looking at the sony alpha 58

ChainOfThought

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-55-200mm/dp/B00I6TC6XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408909708&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+dslr

Read up a bit on the differences between it & the 5200...might be worth saving a bit more and going there.  But with that kit you get the standard kit lens (18-55) as well as a 55-200, with a great entry camera.  For me personally, the flip-out screen of the 5200 is enough for the extra coin, but if I'd never owned the 5100, then I might not noticed a need for that flip-out screen.  You also might be able to find a good deal on a D5100 now that the 5200 is out.

slab

that was the other kit i was looking at

donting

For 500 American bones some amazing kit you can get on the used market. Older (but great) bodies can be snapped up for next to nothing, as everyone always wants the latest even though much of the differences are marginal. If you want new then chains suggestion is spot on

chain, regarding filters, we never take them off! The UV is on there 24hrs a day other than in a super bright place (like say dubai) where the polorizor will go on (it's like a set of shades for your lens). But like all shades you can get fake raybans from a market stall in Bangkok for $5 or you can get genuine article muai jim's for hundred of dollars. No different with filters. It's all relative to your lens though, you wouldn't put a $5 UV filter on a $5000 lens, likewise you wouldn't waste your money putting a $200 filter on a $100 dollar lens. Although I could be wrong

the main thing for us is the UV filter protects the glass, the other benefits are just a bonus. If I scratch a $100 filter I'm going to be much less upset than scratching an L lens!

metalhobo

Why don't the lenses come with UV filters?

donting
metalhobo wrote:

Why don't the lenses come with UV filters?

Why don't guitars come with effects pedals 

ChainOfThought

Interesting.  I'll have to order some and check them out.  Hopefully all my lenses accept filters

donting

Inshallah 

Post to Thread