NDVD!

Updated
NDVD!

New Drum VSTi Day.

Superior Drummer + Expansions went on sale for 50% off last month so I sprung for it.  I've had my eye on it for a while--generally every time Slate starts to piss me off I start looking at SD2.0 videos--and with the sale I just couldn't pass it up.  So I bought it with the Metal Foundry expansion.

So far it seems pretty damn awesome.  I haven't had a great chance yet to sit down and really dig in to it, but I've already set it up to replace all the cymbals in my current project and I think they sound a lot more real than the slate samples do.  I'm not yet impressed with the kicks or snares and not overly fascinated with the toms, but I think a LOT of that is tied to not knowing how to EQ/Mix the more 'dry' samples that SD offers VS the ready-to-go samples that Slate has.  That and I had just about gotten to a point where I really have the kick/snare/toms that I want out of Slate.  Remains to be seen whether I'll eventually move everything over to SD, but for now its just cymbals and a little bit of kick/snare reinforcement.

I'll post some comparison clips after I spend some more time with them...SD by itself, Slate by itself and then mixing the two.

If anyone uses SD and has presets they'd like to share...that'd be pretty sweet.

Post to Thread