Finished my band's first demo.

Updated
Finished my band's first demo.

Here's some new tracks from our newly finished demo.  Check them out, let me know what you guys think.  We're just a three piece by the name of Suppressive Fire out of Raleigh, NC.  (Go like www.facebook.com/suppressivefire ! ). 

All rhythm done with my Bernie Rico Vixen, all leads with my ESP M-II. 

https://suppressivefire.bandcamp.com/

ChainOfThought

I've only had a chance so far to listen to most of the first track, but I"m definitely digging it.  The production sounds great.  I'll listen to the rest this evening when the office clears out and I can turn it up

Pushead

I finally had a chance to listen to the clips on bandcamp this morning.  Holy crap man.  Sounds really good.  A big step up from what I remember hearing a few weeks ago, and even that sounded pretty good.

Will get the EP this evening.  Will name my price "Jeff."

exhibit-sbt

Thanks guys.  Yeah it was a lot of work to get to this point!  Seems to be paying off, getting invites on more gigs now, we have 7 lined up!  Crazy.

You can keep Jeff.  

ChainOfThought

Finally got to give this a good listen through.   There are definitely songs and parts of songs I like better than others, but this a great demo.  The production is killer but it still has that very raw, old school feel which I dig.  The vocalist reminds of Dave Mustaine,  but not in an annoying douchebaggy way which is cool.

good shit dude, keep it coming.  Maybe I'll be able to catch a show next time I'm in te country. 

exhibit-sbt

Cool dude, glad to get some feedback from ya.  Yeah, we really just wanted to get the songs done and out to help get shows going.  We plan to revisit the recorded in the Spring and make a more nobel effort and add 2-3 more tracks, round out an album then hit the road early Summer.  Theoretically of course.  Already pretty much every solo is played differently and ceratin parts have been adjusted for more intensity/or made more interesting.   Definitely aiming to keep the old schoolness going on.   Our singer's getting more and more aggressive sounding and he was actually our second lead (NOT singer).  So it'll be interesting to see what he sounds like by Spring.  

9 fucken shows booked in the upcoming months, so I'm sure you'll be able to catch us somewheres when you're back!  Just hit me up.

exhibit-sbt

I'm bumping this because fuck Paco.

Pushead

So where and how exactly did you record all this?  I know you had it mixed (and it sounds it!) 

exhibit-sbt

Drums and bass were recorded in an Ample Storage unit, guitars and vocals were recorded at Caveman Studios, which is essentially a friend's basement which he's built an isolation room for the cab and such.  All work was done by said friend as far as mixing is concerned.  We paid him graciously in beer.  

Pushead

Beer, the gift that keeps giving. 

Or something.

exhibit-sbt

It was expensive beer.  He got varieties of Stone, Dogfish, New Holland, that Iron Maiden brew...

Sergio S.

very cool man, i hear a little slayer sound at some parts, which is awesome, also great production for a demo

exhibit-sbt

Thanks dude!

Clip from a show last week down in Columbia.  I was off a bit on the intro solo but blame that on 100 degree day with half off at the bar.

Post to Thread