New Mellow Song Day

Updated
New Mellow Song Day

I tracked an instrumental recently, using only my ESP Custom M-II (or 'Douche CTM' as coined by a beloved former member). Amazing guitar, truly. Song is far from hard rock, but I had been kicking it around for a year or two and felt good to finally get it 'on tape'. It's written for vocals, who knows if I'll ever get to that part. It clocks in at 5min, so bit of a listening comittment. Check it out if you so desire.

To reiterate, it's ESP Custom Shop M-II (using Duncan Jazz neck pup) > Pod X3 > Cubase. Drums sequenced in Reason.

https://soundcloud.com/el-difunto/run

Jeff K.

Yeah! I am immersed in the mellowness!

Pushead

It's pretty.  What are you using for your choursy effect?  Just the POD?

Dave R.

Thanks Phil. All sounds are from the POD. It's got about six rythm tracks with varying levels of effects all blended together and panned at various places in the stereo field. It was mainly the 'Stereo Swell' patch for all rythm, and the 'Run Like Hell' patch for the 'lead' overdubs. The POD has such versatility, I dig it. Bought from our old friend 'Piney' many years back.

metalhobo

PODiots!

Dave R.

PODs rule for recording demos. Much easier than micing up my cab, let alone finding effects. I'm too old to be messing with all that!

Pushead

Yeah, the layers are good.  Lots of depth in it.  It makes me want to hear some more "room sound" in the drum kit, though that might be difficult with the programming.

Are you going to sing over it, or are you bringing someone in?

Dave R.

I could definately try more room sound on the kit, that's easy to do in Reason. It simply has a reverb attachd to it so I could adjust the ratio so it's not as 'in your face'. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pull it up this weekend and mess with it.

I'd like to do vocals myself, to the benefit or detriment of the song who knows! I can do the 'harsh' vocal thing, but it's a little trickier when using your own clean voice. Don't know if it has the tonez .

slab

i feel like i'm on a boat..... drifting down the danube

the soundcloud only loads on my phone, not on my lappy....huh

ChainOfThought

Pretty chill dude.  I love ambient songs that take a bit to build and then about halfway through you sort of stop actively listening and by the end of it its pretty damn intense relative to where it started and you notice that right as it ends and then that fucks you up.  Reminds me of Kenoma and This Will Destroy You.

I'm not high, just tired.

very Jane's Addiction ish

nice

Post to Thread