So what went wrong?

Updated
So what went wrong?

From 100s of active members posting every day to basically this grave yard?

has ESP lost money due to this?

if the boards returned to the 'old way' do you think people would 'come back'? Or has the damage already been done

few days ago I tried to post a thread showing my new apartment and wall of guitars (family shot). But then after all my efforts of posting something stupid to say, uploading my pics from phone to computer, to photo bucket and then finally uploading using this built in forum system, it wouldn't let me post due to not having an approved account

so basically I didn't bother. Just turned the cunt off. What chance has this board got?

donting

Where do the ESP board past members now post? Is there one specific place or have they been scattered into the Cosmo?

Harmony c?

7 string ?

Les Paul boards? 

Certainly not HRI

ChainOfThought

Scattered it seems.  I'm frequenting the reaper forums since that's where I need the most technical help/support now.  The dudes there are pretty cool...it'll do.

i think the general consensus was 'there's no place like home...so when home gets pillaged and fucked, well, fuck it'

i deleted this bookmark on my computer but it's still on my phone so I can't help myself on occasion, otherwise I'm finished here.  Threw in the towel.  It was a good decade but it's time to let it go.

whats funny is I think I only ever had interest in esp guitars as a result of the board, not the other way around.  Since the board started it's slow demise a year or two ago I've found myself not even really looking at esp guitars anymore.  Consider this customer lost I suppose 

exhibit-sbt

I don't think the forum really hurts their sales.. especially since most of us were smart enough to purchase instruments 2nd hand and a huge bulk of the members were here mostly for the lolz and don't even play anymore.

singlecoilpickup

You have to have sales to hurt sales. 

metalhobo

In three years, Cyberdyne will become the largest supplier of guitar computer systems. All forums are upgraded with Cyberdyne computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on August 4th, 2017. Human decisions are removed from forum posts. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th.

exhibit-sbt

I can only read that in Sarah Connors voice.

load more replies (1 of 1)
guitargirlemg81

The revolution is coming...

guitargirlemg81

The crazy anti spam measures and lack of quote feature brutally murdered the forum. Just those two things.

slab

rome has burned, it was the will of the gods

boogieII surely chuckles with glee

guitargirlemg81

lol @ billion accounts created every start of a sweepstake and no one posts

donting

Dear oh dear

KFW

I think people would post more if the old style forum came back. Maybe not all of the original members, but I'm sure a new community would form. 

I've been posting at Seven String Forums. It's a younger crowd there so it's not as fun. And there are so many people, that you don't really get to talk to any one person much. 

This format will change I'm sure. Might be a couple years, but as long as this isn't getting any traffic then I'm sure they'll try something else. Or maybe not, who knows. I doubt flourishing forum communities really impact business much. It's not like we just sat around talking about ESPs all day. 

My internet usage as a whole has gone down. Don't Facebook much any more, don't really post on forums. It's a little sad, but probably a good thing. 

Pushead

I know!  I'm so bored with the internet lately that I started playing guitar again.

vipprimo

Sorry, I had visited back in the old forum days but never posted.  What kind of system was it?  vBulletins?  Everyone seems to have really loved it.  What did it offer that this one doesn't or was it more of a comfort thing?

ChainOfThought

The old forum offered everything you wanted in a forum and nothing you didn't.  This forum offers nothing you want in a forum and everything you don't want.

capiche?

i also keep getting the feeling that you are Jeff k or something trying to be sneaky for some reason.

Post to Thread