Dunlop Tortex Ink

Updated
Dunlop Tortex Ink

Did they change the ink they use? The logo on my picks used to smear and be completely illegible after a few hours of playing. However, last week I bought a big ol' bag (72 count) of my favorite 0.60 mm standards. The ink doesn't smudge anymore! I can burn through the whole tip of the pick and the artwork still looks good. Maybe they stole the ink recipe from InTune.

boogie ur thots?

ChainOfThought

Haha, shit.  The Dunlop logo is how I know if the pick is still new enough to not go in the 'used picks' pile.  I have a new bag of the tortex jazz but I ordered them months ago and haven't opened the bag yet...probably won't for another month or two still but now I'm curious to see how they do.

Pushead

Perhaps you've changed your fingertips?

metalhobo

nah, still have some old ones and they still smudge. The new ones definitely do NOT smudge at all. The ink looks and behaves very similarly to what intune uses.

Jeff H.

That's weird. I've had the opposite experience as of recently. Or at least  I got a batch that came off of within a few minutes at some point in the past year. I think the last batch I got was better.

exhibit-sbt

Been using Intune's picks for years..  no smudging, highly recommended.  Best to wait for sales though, 100 picks shipped for $26 bucks is the bee's knees.

metalhobo

Yeah, I'd do it just for the ability to buy huge quantities at once. Can only buy 72 ct. bags of Dunlops and I go through like one a day.

exhibit-sbt

Check their 4th of July sale.. something like buy two bags, get one free.  Single or double sided.  

Post to Thread