What's everybody learning

Updated
What's everybody learning

What songs are you currently learning, and how is it coming along?

Slayer, Mandatory Suicide  

exhibit-sbt

I'm rushing to put together a 40 minute set for my band and I have just over a month to do it.  5 songs written, probably at least 2 to go.   

So, I guess I'm just trying to learn the shit I write, which is challenging enough.

ChainOfThought

When I actually have my guitars...mostly trying to write.  The only song I've put any effort into learning recently is Meshuggah - Dancers to a Discordant System, I'm about halfway through it I guess...keeping getting to one particular riff that I can't nail the pattern for.  That song is confusing as fuck because the melodic pattern is disassociated from the rhythm, so you play the same riff 3 times and on each repetition each note in the riff is on a different beat & held a different length...then you repeat that whole pattern a number of times etc etc. Its funky.

I guess i also started working on a couple Morbid Angel tracks off Gateways, but didn't really spend more than a day or two with those.

Matt M.

Scar Symmetry - Timewave Zero

Trying to learn the solo at the moment, it's probably slightly out of my ability range but you've gotta have something to aim for right?

Gisornator

Im practicing mostly the things I wrote and from time to time "DeviDriver - Clouds Over California".

Intecer A.

Nothing!!!

guitargirlemg81

Pushead666

Blackened from Metallica and flying waves from Gojira

Don H.

Solo from Mr. Crowley--It is killing me right now and I have to take a break from it cuz I am getting ready to throw my guitar thru the f'ing window everytime i screw it up!!

J

As of 15 minutes ago, it'd be Ulli Boegershausen's arrangement of Davy Graham's Anji. I'm gotten 1/4 down in the correct tempo already, so its going ok I guess. watch?v=NMnw7CcWO7E

Ozzfun

I'm learning how to move on after the death of the ESP forum.

Lidiya M.

You have nice main picture 

Post to Thread