Updated
Who got you into ESP guitars?

Who inspired you to play ESP?

The G.

Who inspired you to play ESP? 

Not the new site and forum! 

(Acha cha cha chaah!)

Trabye

the 'tallica boys! i first saw esp when george lynch played his kamikaze back in the 80s but it was metallica that made me want to own one.

Carl N.

George Lynch.  As a kid drooling over guitar catalogs, his have always stuck in my mind.

Marc Roca

Easy one! Metallica!

TWITTER: @_marcroca

nugget666

jeff hanneman

Hmouth

Hetfield and the EXP Explorer. To this day I still want one. Even though my fanboyism for Tallica is a thing of the past, I still love that guitar!

Matt D.

Many bands!! When ESP started taking off in the late 80's-early 90's alot of bands I was into were using them, i.e, Skid Row, Saigon Kick,and yes, Metallica just to name a few.

NIN

my friend had a viper 1000, and a lot of bands I liked had them. COB was a big one for me at the time

Undefined E.

Metal genre.

Airborneherpes

Hetfield's Explorers along with COC's and Cavalera's Vipers. Too bad Max doesn't really play guitar (live) anymore.

Samuel C

James Hetfield :D

Eet Fuk

What\Who got me into ESP guitars? Let's see..

The first few touches had been given from guitar players, I've adored back then: James Hetfield, Jesper Strömblad, and one hungarian guy too... I was playing guitar before, was knowing about the main brands around there (Gibson, Jackson, Kramer, Ibanez, Fender...), but that ESP logo looked a little bit odd for me, because I have not heard about it at all before. So these guys playing ESP got me curious about thi maufacturer: "If these people play it, it should be something abozt ESP, right?". And of course, that white Explorer grabbed me by the throat...

Years later, playing around Hungary, I met with a fellow metalhead, who owned an ESP, and he gave me the oppurtunity to test, and even play it at the gig. That was the moment I irreversibly fell in love with it. The encounter was completely satisfying: the brand, I adored for years, just by seeing them in pictures, movies and heard them on different recordings, delivered the best feel and sound - for my ears and hands... 

So, that's my story :)

Dinga

Good old George Lynch. Got 4 ESPs in my herd. 2 are Lynch sigs. 

Ryan H.

Alexi laiho/dimmu borgir

Trayad Ira-Omega

Emppu Vuorinen

Post to Thread