I'm leaving Finland...

Updated
I'm leaving Finland...

TL:DR: - Quit my job, Leaving Finland, going back to UK, taking few months off, going to do something different as have dreamed of for a long time. 

My partner although not yet arrived, would not be able to handle living in this remote environment, and as we get more serious the more i have to think about her condition as well. 

The main thing that tipped me over though is moving out here highlighted the fact that I do need to get out of this industry and make a career change or start a business. Instead of just complaining about it like i have been doing so for the last 2 years, i've done something about it and resigned.

End of this month i'll be unemployed! but at least back in the UK and with my partner

We will take a few months off which i can afford to do, to consider the options. Her ideas lean towards import/export to/from Indonesia to the UK, but we need to find a niche-market. Mine lean towards opening a shop of some kind, i'd quite like to open an off-license (or liquor store as most of you call them), if we have enough start up, if not perhaps a bubble tea shop, which are becoming all the rage in central london at the moment.

Dream is to build a nano brewery with my dad and start off producing about 20 barrels a week to supply the local ale serving pubs in the area see how far we can take it. I will have to do the business model when I get back as we probably have the starting capital but will need to do the research to see who we can sell to and who will be able to buy. Has been done by many and can be done by many more so it is not something completely out of reach

More importantly, taking some time off also means being able to dedicate much more time to reading the ESP forum lulz

donting

Thanks omess

So where do the cool kids hang out now days?

ChainOfThought

Well shit man, I hope it works out in your favor.

KFW still hangs around but he doesn't post much on the new board.  He made a fb post that he's disabling his fb account for a month....not sure if he will avoid this place at the same time.

Zorlac

Who was the for umite who posted bout his women cheating and then disappeared mysteriously.

that one gave me lulz

Tondog

Is actually living in Finland as bad as everyone complains about? I only stopped there for two days but thought it seemed quaint and doable for at least a tour? Not so much? 

Post to Thread