Why not, an affordable ESP.

Updated
Why not, an affordable ESP.

Unexpected NGD.  Found this one locally with a case and talked him down.  It's got a few battle scars and stress cracks in the finish by the heel, but after a good refreshing, she's playing very nicely.  Best $600 ESP I think I have ever bought.  Wouldn't mind black hardware, but eh, this will do the job for now.  I'm only playing metal.

Also, finally found a place for your pickups RK.  

DanieLibuy

Lucky you! 

HNGD mate!

Jeff H.

Nice score. Although stress cracks in a poly finish at the heel generally points to "dipshit doing neck bends" but hey, if the neck is good you're gravy.

exhibit-sbt

Yeah I was fearful at the extent of damage, figured it would resale for the same more a bit more even still but luckily I didn't even need to balance anything when I restrung it.  Plays perfectly all over with no buzz.  

I might reclear the guitar though even still to glaze over/repair a lot of the cosmetic issues.  

Jeff H.

You should easily get that back if you sold it. I sold the first ESP I ever had (pre-endorsement days) to someone on the old board, the headstock had broken off at the volute like Gibson's do, and I got $500 for it in that condition.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Pushead

Woah, that's a good deal. 

Explorer 11

Awesome deal! Nice rig too, dig the Mesa cab!

jsp

Nice score. 

Negative on black hardware for that guitar.

exhibit-sbt

Ten-four!

Jeff H.

Yeah, keep the chrome! Although I would add some amber knobs, if I remember right the mod (el originale) had one in this finish with amber top hats and they looked fucking awesome on it.

(Dunno if this is the guitar I mentioned, just found this on Google)

exhibit-sbt

Nice.  I dig the ol speed knobs on it but that does look sick.  Eventually I'll get around to that.  Kind of wish the sperzels on it were at least chrome instead of the satin-silver that they are.. They kind of look cheap.

Chris d

that finish rules!

Kride

Schweet! Congrabs

jsp

BTW, is that a 2:50? How is it with the e530?

exhibit-sbt

I'm really digging it for my use.  I was originally gunning for a 2:90 but this showed up and I went for it.  Cheaper, lighter, and well, I have no regrets.  I was worried about the "sterile, rectifier tones" according to reviews but after a tube change it's pretty much nailing it right where I want.  Tried 6l6/el34 a few times and settled on the 6l6's for it.  

Here's a rough clip I threw together of it a day or so after setting it up.  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1325266/SF%20demo1a.mp3

Post to Thread