Why not, an affordable ESP.

Updated
Why not, an affordable ESP.

Unexpected NGD.  Found this one locally with a case and talked him down.  It's got a few battle scars and stress cracks in the finish by the heel, but after a good refreshing, she's playing very nicely.  Best $600 ESP I think I have ever bought.  Wouldn't mind black hardware, but eh, this will do the job for now.  I'm only playing metal.

Also, finally found a place for your pickups RK.  

DanieLibuy

Lucky you! 

HNGD mate!

Jeff H.

Nice score. Although stress cracks in a poly finish at the heel generally points to "dipshit doing neck bends" but hey, if the neck is good you're gravy.

exhibit-sbt

Yeah I was fearful at the extent of damage, figured it would resale for the same more a bit more even still but luckily I didn't even need to balance anything when I restrung it.  Plays perfectly all over with no buzz.  

I might reclear the guitar though even still to glaze over/repair a lot of the cosmetic issues.  

Jeff H.

You should easily get that back if you sold it. I sold the first ESP I ever had (pre-endorsement days) to someone on the old board, the headstock had broken off at the volute like Gibson's do, and I got $500 for it in that condition.

MA110

Yup, and it is currently waiting for new bridge posts to tide me over until I can try out a Floyd Rose FRX, and hopefully not hate it. Dimarzio Breed sounds super sick in it. :)

Jeff H.

Ha! I thought you were going to sell it?! I miss that guitar sometimes! It was a good one.

MA110

I couldn't do it. It's my second STBC, and it's just too much guitar for $500 to get rid of. It plays better than my LPC that had the misfortune of getting a 10" radius from the tech I instructed to give it 12".  I wanted to get rid of it because the Stetsbar was bumming me out pretty bad.

Pushead

Woah, that's a good deal. 

Explorer 11

Awesome deal! Nice rig too, dig the Mesa cab!

jsp

Nice score. 

Negative on black hardware for that guitar.

exhibit-sbt

Ten-four!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Chris d

that finish rules!

Kride

Schweet! Congrabs

jsp

BTW, is that a 2:50? How is it with the e530?

exhibit-sbt

I'm really digging it for my use.  I was originally gunning for a 2:90 but this showed up and I went for it.  Cheaper, lighter, and well, I have no regrets.  I was worried about the "sterile, rectifier tones" according to reviews but after a tube change it's pretty much nailing it right where I want.  Tried 6l6/el34 a few times and settled on the 6l6's for it.  

Here's a rough clip I threw together of it a day or so after setting it up.  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1325266/SF%20demo1a.mp3

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread