• KFW

R u alive forum?

Well...I remember saying I would stick with this forum for my entire life. But the layout has become physically uncomfortable to use. 

And I can't post links, but as a 2006 forum veteran (I have seen it ALL) I know some of you might be interested to know that I've finished my latest tunes. Go to fourstrokebaron . bandcamp . com. Or just Google "Four stroke baron" and it'll pop up as the first result. 

My eyes welled up on the way to work, thinking about the forum.  

• ChainOfThought

Link: http://fourstrokebaron.bandcamp.com

Plz...don't go 

Will check out your music very soon, I've been looking forward to it.  I have to teach a class in the morning and the internet is slow as shit right now or I'd get to it right now.

• exhibit-sbt

http://fourstrokebaron.bandcamp.com/

Cool man, thanks for sharing.   Yeah the current status of the forum is painful to think about.  I thought if we had old threads resurrected (like the correct greatest thread and such) things would improve but alas, they haven't resurrected the general disc thread.

• KFW

If y'all want to find me on Facebook, just send me a message on here. Or you might remember my name/have mutual forum friends on FB. 

And thanks for sharing those links, dudes!

I mean, I'd like to stay. And I maybe could get used to it here...but the whole layout is more like a guestbook. Makes sense for the company, but sucks for the awesome community we used to have here. But I think this type of forum is purposefully not as conducive to discussion, and more for answering broad questions. 

• ChainOfThought

I lied I listened to the first couple.  I definitely dig it.  Reminiscient of Third World Psychic but its definitely something new.  I have a feeling this will definitely make it into my regular rotation as well.

Whats the recording setup?

• KFW

Thanks man! Yeah, the biggest differences are obviously vocals and actual structured songs. I got sick of releasing basically a cluster of demos, and it always just seemed unfinished/not to its full potential to me. 

A telecaster tuned to A standard, jazz bass, all the guitars are free amp sims, except for some stuff supplemented with acoustic. Everything mic'ed, I used a Rode NT1A and an SM57. Drums are BFD2. 

• metalhobo

i'll give you four strokes, baron

• KFW

The band name came from a friend and I trying to come up with fake Judas Priest song titles. The formula was this: car/engine reference, medieval/royalty/historical reference, and/or a slightly homoerotic reference. Four Stroke Baron did all of those perfectly.

• Road King

I agree with OP that this forum sucks. Not even Ozzfun or Tondog will post here anymore.

• ChainOfThought

I sent you a request on the bookface...profile picture is a depiction of the statue of liberty, which reminds me its about time I change that back to a real picture of me.

• Road King

Now and then I think of when we trolled together
      Like when you said you were the ultimate internet experience
      Told myself that you were right for me
      Buying exclusive from the ESP company
      But that was love and it's an ache I still remember

But you didn't have to ban me off
      Make out like I never posted and that we were nothing
      And I don't even need your lulz
      But you treat me like a noobie and that feels so rough
      No you didn't have to stoop so low
      Have your Mods remove our threads and then change your format