I'm moving to Finland...

Updated
I'm moving to Finland...

Hello old friends

As some of you may remember I have been living in Indonesia for the past 2 years. I am actually having a brief stint in the UK before returning back to Indonesia, but as of Jan 2014 I will be officially a live-in guest of the wonderful country of Finland.

It will be exciting for me and a new experience, as I have generally only lived in central and south east asian countries, as well as the middle east, but never mainland (or in this case northern) europe. Compared to the UK where i grew up i do not expect to have much of a culture shock in Finland other than the extreme weather and darkness during winter. Either way, it is a new experience and should be fun. my contract in finland is for 2 years, and my partner will be joining me on this adventure, so hopefully we will get to have a good taste of the culture and the various cool places / experiences the country has to offer in this time.

slab

sounds like a great experience, have fun and post pics

i am a tad envious of all your globe trotting

Dist_WhiskyCoffe

yes slab, this is a good trolling 

donting, pls don't forget to take ur classic pics, and to make   ur long  threads.

Kride

Welcome to the land of crappy food and alcoholists

:)

where you'll be located? Or which part of Finland if you don't wan't to be specific.

donting

south west, sir

load more replies (1 of 1)
ChainOfThought

Cool man, hope it goes well for you.  I'm hoping to get a European contract (assuming I can't get anything in the states) when this Afghanistan gig is up.

Shallowblue

Vittu Satana Perkele

donting

hey do you know how it is to drive a moped there? south east, between 2 small towns, to get to work.

Kride

Very few adults drive a moped (50cc) here, especially in bigger towns but I don't see a problem in what you're saying. Not too fun in winter tho and depends on the distance. Fairly safe due to good roads (depends on the area naturally) and cheap way to commute. I live in Turku and most of the people use public transport around the area. Except for out of town moped teens.

If possible and you wanna go cheap, I'd choose public transport over the mopeds.

Aleksander

Have fun! I'm going to visit finland too :)

donting

Bump

Post to Thread