The MetOnTour Thread [56k: F-F-Fanboy!]

Updated
The MetOnTour Thread [56k: F-F-Fanboy!]

Grrrrrrrettings!

Gotta keep the tradition... here it is, the 'Tallica Fanboy Thread-ahh!

NEWS:

Metallica By Request

After spending the better part of the last couple of years making our film Through The Never, we are so ready to make another album... it's been far too long! And when we're locked away in the studio, history has dictated that we always need that inspirational break to soak up all the great live Metalli-energy that you guys bring to the gigs. So as we may have done once or twice before (!!), we will be hitting the road this summer, but not just for another "European vacation"... we've added a twist - YOU PICK THE SET LIST!!

As we embark on two short treks through Europe, we're going to give you, the ticket holders, the chance to vote on what songs you would like to hear at the show(s) that you attend. It will be pretty simple... pick up your ticket(s) online and you'll receive an e-mail shortly after with a code and a link to a site on which you may cast your ballot. We normally play around 18 songs a night, and since we didn't want to be left out of the fun, the band also gets to vote . . . and we vote for a NEW SONG! That leaves the other 17 slots for you to choose, so vote for all your favorites from the close to 140 songs we've recorded in our career and to make it more fun along the way, you'll be able to follow what you and your fellow fans are selecting by watching the site for continuous results.

In true Metallica fashion, we don't have all the shows ready for you just yet, but here are a few dates to get you started:

June 4, 2014 - Imtech Arena, Sonisphere – Hamburg, Germany, tickets on sale November 29 at 11:00 AM local time
June 6, 2014 - Nurnburg Rock Im Park – Nuremberg, Germany, tickets on sale November 27 at 9:00 AM local time
June 8, 2014 - Nürburgring Rock Am Ring– Nürburgring, Germany, tickets on sale November 27 at 9:00 AM local time

Tickets will be available at www.eventim.de.

Keep watching here for additions to the schedule and other updates next week as we gear up for 2014!

guitargirlemg81

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Dr. Tongue

Good man Konan keeping the tradition of this thread up.  So far, it seems like we're doing all three German dates, and eagerly awaiting some other announcements. 2012 was very good to a few of us old members here with the snakepit passes for Prague and Lisbon.  All I need is one meet n'greet and get the diamond plating of the JH-2 signed!.  Had the chance at Download 2012 when a friend won the meet n'greets.... but the "buyer" of my JH-2 didn't want it signed by Hetfield.  Prick.   Fingers crossed.  Can't wait for the upcoming summer :) 

Luis Garcia

hello fellow metallica fans, I'm new to this forum, been a metallica fan for many, many, many years, about when ride the lighning came out. Glad to see this thread is a continuaiton of one there was before.

I'm from Mexico City but now live in Austin TX, nice to meet you all.

ProfessorExp

And the setlist will be as follows:

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

New Song

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman

One

Enter Sandman

Cant wait

Dr. Tongue

Fuck, all festivals.  Fuck.  Can't do a Euro-trip again with all fucking festivals.  

5 years since an Irish date, bastards.  

12/8/2013 South Shetland Islands, Antarctica Carlini Argentine Base
5/30/2014 Stockholm, Sweden Gardet Royal Park Tickets
6/1/2014 Oslo, Norway Sonisphere @ Valle Hoven Tickets
6/3/2014 Horsens, Denmark Jailhouse Rock @ Horsens Gaol Tickets
6/4/2014 Hamburg, Germany Sonisphere @ Imtech Arena Tickets
6/6/2014 Nürnberg, Germany Rock Im Park @ Zeppelinfeld Tickets
6/8/2014 Nürburgring, Germany Rock Am Ring Tickets
6/9/2014 Landgraaf, Netherlands Pinkpop Festival @ Megaland Tickets
7/1/2014 Rome, Italy Rock in Rome Sonisphere @ Ippodromo Capannelle Tickets
7/3/2014 Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter @ Werchterpark Tickets
7/4/2014 Basel, Switzerland Sonisphere @ St. Jakob-Park Tickets
7/6/2014 Stevenage, England Sonisphere @ Knebworth House Tickets
7/8/2014 Prague, Czech Republic Aerodrome Festival @ Incheba Open Air Tickets
7/9/2014 Vienna, Austria Krieau Rocks @ Krieau Open Air Tickets
7/11/2014 Warsaw, Poland Sonisphere @ National Stadium Tickets
5/28/2015 Helsinki, Finland Sonisphere @ Kalasatama

OutlawTorn

Maybe finally FRAYED ENDS will be played live! (At every show)

konan_kustom

2014-05-12: Live /w Accoustics @ MusiCares MAP Benefit:

...now that's a comfy place to watch & listen:

Rehearsal:

Live:

konan_kustom

2014-05-15: James Hetfield Live @ Acoustic 4 A Cure

Rehearsal:

Live:

Nothing Else Matters

Until It Sleeps

Turn The Page feat. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams /w Billie Joe & Joe Satriani

Zorlac

Wow satch and hetfield... That's a new one

konan_kustom

2014-05-17: James Hetfield & Kirk Hammett Live @ AT&T Park

Rehearsal:

Live:

Zorlac

For what it's worth, I finally saw Through the never and thought it was pretty cool.

CJ W.

Hi all,

Im new to this site and it wont allow me to create a new thread...im sure ull tear this post up but here is the best place i could think to ask....

This is my first post here, and I had a quick question. I bought a used LTD Iron Cross from guitar center in amazing shape. still has all of the plastic on it, weird. The guitar is practically new, but my question is this. I researched the locking tuners so I am pretty sure I strung it correctly.I did one string at a time, low to high, and set all the string holes in the same direction lined up with how the strings would naturally go through them from the neck. Once in, I cranked them down pretty damn hand tight, clipped the excess off and tuned it up. I am an intermedite player who plays mostly rhythm guitar, but dabbles higher on the neck. After watching a video by Mike Philippov about proper pick holding and speed I have been really having some fun learning stuff I never thought I was capable of. So long story short, the IC seems to be coming out of tune pretty easily and quickly, so I was wondering if anybody had an opinion as to why this may be, other than the fact it doesn't have a floyd rose. I'm half tempted to pick up an ESP with a floyd rose now if this is going to be a common thing. Thanks in advance. Please don't tell me how much you hate the model, we all have different tastes

CJ

slab

did you boil the strings in papa hets sweat for 24 minutes?

or better yet, did you strech them at all?

Post to Thread