• oMeSSiaHo

Dearest mod

I still have a few questions that I'm hoping you can answer.  Are you the only moderator now or is it shared duty?  The only reason I ask is I made a sarcastic reply to that Jeff K dude and it was deleted.  It wasn't offensive or anything, I just said that the blog was an SEO grab (which come on man, that post was weak).  I don't want to start drama, its just seems out of character for you to delete a sarcastic joke.  If it is shared duty can the new powers that be introduce themselves?  If they are going to be deleting posts they don't like, therby driving the content and discussions here, the least they could do is say "hi".  Nobody knows who the fuck Jeff K is!

To be clear I'm not talking about the blog post I made, I can understand you deleting that. :)

Can you explain what you want with this new forum?  Is it going to be on topic serious business all the time or can we expect the same hijinks we've become accustomed to?  It would be good to know before we wake up and half of the older members are banned!

• Cancel

• `(o^.^o)´

One of my first posts said "the fuck is this?" and was deleted, yet other guys posts about feral knee grows are allowed. Not that I'm complaining, I guess it's part of this new forum politics to keep the things clean, but it seems odd that some of our posts are being deleted and some other "strong" posts remain untouched. Or maybe the mods are just testing their powers!

• oMeSSiaHo

I wonder if there is software or something that sends them an alert when there is naughty language so they didn't see Tondog's post.  I'm getting a vibe its going to be like the bad old old days.  I wonder if this Jeff K guy was ESPUSA.

• ESP

I am not the only admin walking the beat, there are several others and that will become more apparent as things progress. I am the only real visible one since the site has gone live, that will change however.

This new forum is a place to come and have the same good ol' time as always less the negative drama (some may argue 'fun') in the past. Fortunately, most members have that ability to walk that line that's been in place for years and imagine will appreciate a more 'positive' line of interaction. This obviously won't bode well for trolls. It's a new era, messiah, embrace the change. Jump in that river and swim with the current! Or something...

• exhibit-sbt

After telling my gf about the forum changes, she responded with, "Jeez what's the point, it's just facebook with stupid rules."

My main question, are Gfunk's lady posts permissible in this new.. world.. order?

*Edit*  I tried that post with a crooked smiley, and it told me unapproved members cannot post links.  It thinks smilies are links.

• oMeSSiaHo

I'm cool with it, I was just curious what the new rules were.  A sarcastic comment may be on your good side but another mod obviously saw it differently.  This why it would be nice for them to introduce themselves.  You guys are trying to build a community here and I can get behind that.  Just remember we once had an overly dictatorial mod and the forum was a ghost town.  You need to walk a line for your users as well.

Oh, Tondog totally said feral negro.  If you want to create a positive community you're going to have to pay more attention.  Right now you are creating a positive community for ESP, not your users.

Double Oh, fix the category images!  They're blurry as shit and can be fixed in like five minutes (it took me 4:30 and I'm an idiot).

• Dist_Beercore

Classic Omess! haha, We love you, I am with ex-hibit too. C'omon. 

• Dr. West

They just want to hold us down. No Justice, No peace. Fight the man!

• Dr. West

HEY ALSO MOD I HAVE A QUESTION, I have an picture I want to use as an Avatar but it says FUCK YOU CHRIS. Its a cute little squirrel. Im just always taking pictures of squirrels and my friends made that for me. Allowed or do I get a slap in the wrist?

I guess, idk, im just confused about the rules now. The old timers are used to a certain degree of flexibility, kinda like when you've been at a job forever.

• Zorlac

just realized there's no quote featue. omess, might be time to start sending formal invites to everyone present on the last board. not the temp one but the one before.

• metalhobo

you can't bring  me down