ESPdude

Which tubes?

Updated
I will soon be getting my first tube amp and I am already looking down the road at when I will have to replace the tubes. The two amps that I am considering are the Mesa Dual Rectifier and Marshall TSL 100, quite different I...
MORE »
loversmoon

kirk hammett wah wah question

Updated
We all know that he is world famous for his over extensive use of the wah wah...my question is which wah does he use??...
MORE »
Mofoski9000

emg afterburner

Updated
anyone ever use it?...
MORE »
gorsch

5150 at half power

Updated
I've got the 5150II, but whats everyones opinion on running at half power. It's been mentioned in a few posts. I've been thinking about trying it again, probably will at practice, but was just wondering what peoples...
MORE »
Mofoski9000

pick-up suggestions

Updated
any pick-up suggestions for playing in low tunings on a 6 string. i'm talkin B and lower....
MORE »
hessian101

Speaker cab/speakers for 6505?

Updated
Hello- I am saving for a 6505 head, and I want to acquire a cabinet for when I get it. Firstly, wats better- Straight or slanted cabs? Nextly, what speakers sound good with a peavey 6505, a mesa boogie MarkIII, and a...
MORE »
Ryan 2%

Ampeg 8x10 problem

Updated
I know, I can't believe those words came out of my mouth either. I run a carvin RL 1000 to my Ampeg 8x10, and every few hits my head peaks out. Anyone have any ideas? I'm also playing an 5 string viper with active EMGs...
MORE »
BlowitUp

Is it new tuners that i need?

Updated
okay so, ive been having a seriously hard time keeping my 2002 PRS CE 24 in tune, G always goes out and the tuner feels real funny when you turn it. i cant seem to find anything mechanically wrong with the tremolo, but when i...
MORE »
japs5607

No Pick Up Rings

Updated
Hi really like the look of pickups on guitars when they dont have the rings around like caparison, ibanez Does anyone know how the pickups attch to the guitar body when not using rings as i would like to try this on my bc...
MORE »
espsy

maxon 808 in NS2 loop??

Updated
I noticed that the guys from KSE use their maxon 808's in the loop of the Boss NS2, is their any reason for this?? How does it differ to running it directly in line??...
MORE »
espsy

Marshall KK head

Updated
Anyone own one of the Kerry King heads?? i've tried one out in a store but not in a rehersal/gigging situation. What's it like when cranked up??...
MORE »
itsallinmyh3ad

ENGL Screamer - Can it do metal?

Updated
Hey guys. Currently, I have a 6505+ halfstack. I'm considering selling it, because it can't do nice cleans, I'm not playing in a band right now, and I can't crank the volume because I live in a apartment. I was checking out...
MORE »
mazen

Roland JC 120 Owners

Updated
So i'm trying to buy a JC 120 amp, and want to know whether I can connect an effects board to the older versions of the amp like this one: Link...
MORE »
xcc

Dave Mustain Liwe wires, quickconnect?

Updated
I'm gassing for a Dean Dave Mustaine V. There's two things I don't like about it: The inlays and the pickups. I need a pair of emg 81 to sound like me. So my question is: Does the Mustaine Liwe Wire feature Quick-Connect like...
MORE »
iheartsquires

if i get a 5150 combo, can i take the guts out?

Updated
to make a tradintional head? theres a combo for like 600 at my local shop but the speakers are shit and im not a bog fan of combos....
MORE »