gainiac

Brutal Modern Metal Amp - what's good at bedroom volumes?

Updated
What brutal heavy gain/metal amp is great at low volumes, with no fizz?...
MORE »
ash

New amp time

Updated
I think its time to uprgrade from my spider 30 but am having trouble deciding what to get so I need a little help. I'm leaning towards marshall mg412a cab and mg100hdfx head purely because it seems the best option at that...
MORE »
MikeAmottV2006

Countdown to New Amp Day

Updated
I just gave the local dealer a $200 deposit on a brand new Triple Rectifier on saturday before I hit the Killswitch show. Yeah, some of you will remember posts by me about not really liking Mesa's.....but a buddy I just...
MORE »
vitod

Same signal on two amp heads.

Updated
Hi guys. I now have two Marshall VS100 heads and I'd like to link them on the same signal and control the channel swithing at the same time. I tried the "line out" to the other amps "input", but no go. How do I do this?...
MORE »
EMG ES-918 External Power Supply

EMG ES-918 External Power Supply

Updated
Does anybody have any experience with the EMG ES-918 external power supply?  I'm debating at looking at a solution like this rather than having to put batteries in my guitars. http://www.emgpickups.com/es-918.html  ...
MORE »
New Neck Pickup For EC-1K Ideas

New Neck Pickup For EC-1K Ideas

Updated
Right, im gonna get a new pickup for my EC-1000 that has my BKP Painkiller in it. Im looking at several ideas for it rignt now, on whitch id like opinions on what i could put in it. It currently has a Seymour Duncan 59 in the...
MORE »
Zakk EXP

New cab day

Updated
Howdy mates! This week I'll get my new 4x12" cab: A Marshall 1960A (Celestion G12T75). A very good offer, it's a demonstration model and will cost me 590€. I've tried the AX and the AV too, but the A has the sound that...
MORE »
morphius1

Best strings for B, F#, B, E, G#, C#

Updated
Ive got some 52-12s (i thinks..it could be 54) on my explorer but they seem to tight. Whats the best string gauge for this tuning?...
MORE »
guitarnoob

ESP Explorer discovered in attic

Updated
Hello people. I discovered this guitar in the attic of a relative. There is no number on the guitar. Some parts are missing and strings too. It was in a box with a damaged drum and a few cables. Any idea if it's an original...
MORE »
Mystievel

noob question...

Updated
maybe it woulda been better to just pm someone this eh? 1. What exactly is an amp head and what to they do. do they have speakers or just change the sound of you cabinet/amp or what? 2. what is a rectifier and what do...
MORE »
galacticat

Vox Valvetronix clean channel?

Updated
I've got a new guitar on the way and I need to figure out an amp solution pretty quick here. My initial thought was that I'd just run the 6-string though my Ampeg BA-115T (I play bass now and this 6 string will be my first)....
MORE »
Fade To Black 1985

Weird buzz on clean channel

Updated
Heej guys, I've got a problem... Yesterday all of a sudden my clean channel had this weird buzz - the sound wasn't clean at all! It was like I'd played the with the distortion very low... Anybody knows what the problem could...
MORE »
Arrow case?

Arrow case?

Updated
I’m in a bit of pickle, is there any case that fits the arrow body? The normal ESP form fitted case is on backorder EVERYWHERE. Can’t even find one used....
MORE »
gab4554

Pedals

Updated
For my birthday i wanna buy myself a new pedal. But idk which one should i get Boss TU-2 (tuner) or Boss NS-2 (noise suppressor) which one should i get?. And i was wondering how the NS-2 works. or any other pedal...
MORE »
Which recording software?

Which recording software?

Updated
So I'm looking to buy a new recording software. I currently use a free one that doesn't support plugins. I am a guitarist that's looking to record some of my music more for friends and personal use. I don't need anything...
MORE »