Smaller Engls

Updated
Smaller Engls

Anyone here had any experience with the smaller engl combos like the rockmaster or metalmaster.

Got to plug into a used rockmaster 20 watt combo for about 5 to 10 minutes, thought it was pretty nice esecially considering its size.  Never turned it up loud to see how it handled.  I did not have time to hang out at the store and really get to play with it.  Went back to the store the next day to really check it out and it was gone.

Have not seen one since

No one stocks these in my area.

Loudness and cutting ability can vary quite a bit and i seldom like to rely on watts to decide.

Considering one of these for a grab and go.  Wondering if the 20 watters are loud enough to stay clean with fairly loud drummer when no one is miked.  Wonder if the 40s can do late night at home practice volume and still sound acceptably good.

Any insight on these will be helpful.

Open to other recomendations also.

Looking for medium to very high gain amp that can still do a nice clean. Needs to sound good for solo as well as in the mix.  Light enough to carry a city block and up a flight of stairs while carrying a guitar in the other hand.  Loud enough to go un miked at a house party or in a small club.

Post to Thread