• Alexander L.

Heads!?

Anyone have experience with the Randall Thrasher? 

The youtube videos I have watched all sound pretty good. I'm starting my research for a new Tube Head so I thought I was ask around. So far I have tried the EVH 50w which was awesome, bu,t I want to keep looking. I also want to try an Engl Fireball. Are there any other Heads you guys would suggest? Probably 50w.

• Pushead

How much you looking to spend and what sounds are you looking for?

Mesa Single Rectifier fits well within the heads you've suggested.

• Alexander L.

I would think with the suggestion of these particular amps that some of the sounds I was going for would be obvious. High gain metal tones and some decent cleans; the cleans aren't as important. Something with a little versatility but does Metal primarily. Everything else I need can come from my pedalboard. As far as money goes, I will be wanting to spend about $1,000-$2,000. Mesa's are good, but of those that I have tried, they don't seem to fit what I want. 

• HateEvent
        Alexander L. wrote:

I would think with the suggestion of these particular amps that some of the sounds I was going for would be obvious. High gain metal tones and some decent cleans; the cleans aren't as important. Something with a little versatility but does Metal primarily. Everything else I need can come from my pedalboard. As far as money goes, I will be wanting to spend about $1,000-$2,000. Mesa's are good, but of those that I have tried, they don't seem to fit what I want. 

With the suggestions you made, it's still relatively vague. An EVH sounds nothing like a Fireball. 

• Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Randall SATAN (Ola Englund signatur amp) is awesome. Like the Thrasher, but more gain and metal. Can get it (I think), in a 50w as well as a 100w. Its a pure metal machine.

Cancel