ESP Case

Updated
Vince P.

Hey guys, I just picked up a used KH2 guitar that came with an original case from 2000. The logo is pretty beat up and I wanted to restore it somehow. Do you guys have any ideas on how to approach this. Either paint over it and put a new decal on, or try to sand the metal and put a new logo? Thanks

Pushead

Some of those scratches seem pretty deep. I'd guess sanding the metal piece down to get the scratches out would probably make the metal sheet a bit too thin. You might be better off drilling out the rivets and making a new plate (or even just turning that one over) and painting a new logo.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. The purpose of the case is to take the scratches so the guitar doesn't.

Vince P.

Ya I guess that makes sense. The rest of the case is in really good shape so I just figured I'd see what I can do. Any idea on how to take the rivets off? Thanks 

Pushead

Usually, you have to drill them out.

Big Daddy B

If it really bothers you have you thought about just buying a new case? The new ones have the logo painted on vs the metal plate though.

Vince P.

Ya I wouldn't get a whole new case, the inside and rest of the case are in good shape. I ended up sanding down the metal piece and bought an ESP logo off eBay. Ill see how it all turns out I guess 

Big Daddy B
Vince P. wrote:

Ya I wouldn't get a whole new case, the inside and rest of the case are in good shape. I ended up sanding down the metal piece and bought an ESP logo off eBay. Ill see how it all turns out I guess 

cool good luck. I like small projects like that.

ESP 348

How did all this go Vince? You end up fitting that sticker to it?

gikejev r.

I totally agree with buying a new one. More information can be found at the DFSDF to make safe choices!

ali j.

The purpose of the case is to take the scratches so the guitar doesn't. color blind test

james j.

I don’t know how many forum pages I have visited up till now in the quest of looking for   thesis writing service Most of them were just regular discussions but this one is something that my brother would find helpful

james j.

or any other part of the world, your geographical location does not hamper your quest for help. The education sector has undergone a major transformation. The internet has made everything easier and more accessible. Today, countless education apps exist online for students Online dissertation service

Post to Thread