Fitting an EX on a triple stand

Updated
Fitting an EX on a triple stand

Hey guys, I just bought my third guitar and I want to put them all on a triple stand like so:

Does anyone know if an EX shape will fit in that securely? 

Without tending to fall on the big spike side?

Would appreciate it a lot!

Pushead

Nope. The EX and regular Explorer shapes slide right off.

Birdy

Nope. The EX and regular Explorer shapes slide right off.

Damn that's a bummer, 3 single stands take so much space...

Does anyone know a specific one that might fit by any chance?

Pushead

After some experimentation, I was able to get an explorer to stay on the stand, but I had to leave the strap lock connected to the strap button. The guitar gets caught and held there.

Birdy

After some experimentation, I was able to get an explorer to stay on the stand, but I had to leave the strap lock connected to the strap button. The guitar gets caught and held there.

That's great news!

Do you have an EX too? 

Also what stand do you have? (Model?)

Also a photo of how you set it up would be super appreciated!

Thanks man!

Pushead

Not my finest photography, but you get the idea.

This is the Warwick/Proline stand, similar to the one that you posted (except for more guitars.) I don't own an EX, but a former band mate has. Similar problem with how far it sticks out from the stand. I'd suspect that the tip goes closer to the floor than the Explorers.

I tend to leave the Explorers, Vs and other large shape guitars either on single stands, or wall hangers and leave the racks for smaller guitars like the strats and single-cuts.

Birdy

Not my finest photography, but you get the idea.

This is the Warwick/Proline stand, similar to the one that you posted (except for more guitars.) I don't own an EX, but a former band mate has. Similar problem with how far it sticks out from the stand. I'd suspect that the tip goes closer to the floor than the Explorers.

I tend to leave the Explorers, Vs and other large shape guitars either on single stands, or wall hangers and leave the racks for smaller guitars like the strats and single-cuts.

Wow thank you so much! That's really helpful!

Also that Ken Lawrence and Ouija! And doll haha!

Post to Thread