Multi-effects Pedals before the amp and the loop?

Updated
Multi-effects Pedals before the amp and the loop?

Are there any multi-effects pedals that allow you to run some effects before the amp and some in the loop? Seems like you can only run them all in the front or all in the loop. If you run it before the amp, the reverbs and delays sound like poo, and if you run it in the effects loop, the overdrives are useless.

Big Daddy B

I'm not aware of a single unit that gives you both. You would need multiple independent outputs at intrument level and line level. Is there a reason you can't do 2 separate units?

Kuryakin R.

Digitech Rp1000 allows u to route both in front of amp and fx loop

Scott L.

The boss GT 100 allows you to run in the pre and post . I'm still not sure how to do it but it's in the manual lol....

i run thpe 4 cable method in to my effects loop. Even with the overdrive, it's not crap however I like the sound of my Orange amp so I don't run preamps. 

Michael W.

oh, the GT 100 does allow that? I'll have to check that one out. Yeah, I've always heard people talking of a 4 cable method but wasn't sure if that was for midi switching or seperate loops. I just wanted the simplicity of a single unit with less cables and power adapters while also playing around with lots of different effects.

Vedran P.

TC multieffects have that possibilities.., I'm pretty sure, don't hold me for my word, but I have it somewhere in my mind that a friend, who had it said it was possible.., it had series of loops on the back and switches so you could do it however you wanted

FC Spoiler

You can use the Lexicon MX400 simultaneously in two different signal paths. (you can have only two effects per signalpath)

FC Spoiler

Also the Digitech studio Quad can do it (4 seperate signalpaths with max two effects) but there's a very annoying +1 sec delay when switching presets...

Madhat

Depends on your price range but if you're going for under $1000 I'd stick with Line 6, Boss or digitech they make some great multi-effects boards and racks. 

Jshannon3

If I was you i would set up 2 pedal boards, one for in front of the amp(distortions, compressors, noisegate, wah...ect), and one for the effects loop(reverbs, delays, flangers, chorus, harmony, pitch shifter, eq..ect).  That's what I did and i finally got the sounds that I wanted and the control over my effects that I wanted.  It was a little pricey, buying all those effects, but going analog was the way to go.  I've tried the pedal boards and effects processors, I couldn't get the right control like I wanted, because you couldn't split up the effects to pre and post, but once I setup two pedal boards, one in front, and one in the effects loop I've gained total control of my sound.  I use Marshall amps, JVM410H, full stacks, effects loops, and boss effects pedals  And of course ESP Guitars.

Post to Thread