Amp query ?

Updated
cicada71
I just wanted a couple opinions on these 2 amps I 've seen come up for sale, Bugera 6262-212 tube combo amp and a Peavey Valveking 100. I've read the Bugera is a cheaper version of the 5150 not sure how accurate this is though, if it sounds similar ? I mainly play thrash metal, which would be the better option ? Cheers.
dimebagfan01

Yes, the 6262 is just a copy of the 5150 II or the 6505+ and with a tube swap will sound nearly as good. The 5150 is overall my favorite amp for metal (paired with a Mesa Stilletto cab...:evil) so if you were planning on playing ONLY metal, go for that one. If you want versatility, go VK100. I have both and can say that while the 5150 tackles high gain a little better, the VK has amazing cleans and a great high gain channel for a budget amp. Listen to sound clips of both online to make your decision if you can't try them in a store at a decent volume. Also, keep in mind that you're not buying a Peavey 6505+, you're buying a 6262 by Bugera, so there may be quality issues and slight tonal differences (part choice, tube choice, construction, etc. effect this).

cicada71

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

I'd love to pickup a 5150 or a 6505 but not many around here reasonably priced that's why I thought about grabbing the Bugera I wasn't sure about the VK100 ?

I mainly play metal but also some clean stuff, would you recommend changing tubes on these amps ?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread