Optical wah pedals.

Updated
Eric C.
Hey everyone, I saw In Flames, All shall perish, Demon Hunter and Battlecross on thursday night. They were all fantastic. But Battlecross blew my mind. I met them after the show and they were super cool too. As i was leaving from the show, i bumped into Björn from In Flames. I complimented him on his wah tone. It was super ballsy. I asked him what he used, but i can't remember what he said:( i remember him saying it was a dunlop cry baby but it was the optical kind... Does anyone here know any info about these? I have a Dime cry baby and a regular cry baby. I've tried a morley before but it wasn't really great sounding, so i'd like to stick with the cry baby. And i was really stoked to hear about the optical function in a dunlop, just remember i could remember what it was:/ any help would be great:) Eric
JSHRED

Recently I tried a new wah from Electro Harmonix that was to wah pedals what the optical mouse is to the traditional ball mouse. From what I recall, it was one piece of metal with no moving parts, and I guess it uses a laser to sense proximity to the floor? So you're basically just rocking this metal wedge on the floor while it senses everything, no mechanical action to wear out. It did have a pretty cool sound, I do remember that much.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Is it springloaded and switchless, or just switchless?

load more replies (1 of 1)
jt76

Recently I tried a new wah from Electro Harmonix that was to wah pedals what the optical mouse is to the traditional ball mouse. From what I recall, it was one piece of metal with no moving parts, and I guess it uses a laser to sense proximity to the floor? So you're basically just rocking this metal wedge on the floor while it senses everything, no mechanical action to wear out. It did have a pretty cool sound, I do remember that much.

Electro harmonics wah looks interesting -

anyone got enough experience with one of these to know if they move away from you during heavy use? Anyone figured out how to mount one on a pedal board.

they are pretty strong - here is video of someone rocking the wah with their car ( really check it out )

jt76

also Im fairly certain dunlop does not currently, and has not previously made an optical wah.

Post to Thread