bbe sonic stomp

Updated
unforgiven
what does this pedal do and is it worth buying one? thanks
deus ex machina

I've only used one on bass... it's nice. It supposedly rearranges the way the signal's frequencies that come out of it in a more orderly fashion which in turn makes the amp sound "clearer" and yadda yadda. I do like what the pedal does in a bass guitar's signal chain, but in a nutshell, I find it's just a fancy shmancy midscoop.

chuffed-addick

Dues Ex Machina is right about the techy bit! although not sure I agree about the mid scoop bit :D
I bought one when a mate was selling it, he wanted his rig to sound a bit more muddy so got rid.
Basically I was told "it just makes it more awesome! try it out" I did and it's the one pedal that just stays on all the time. I love mine and wouldn't sell it

It just seems to add clarity to every note and chord, difficult to explain though and pretty much would advise looking to youtube to see what you think.

nick c.

my buddy has one and it makes it sound like a blanket comes off the cab. Just really opens it up, clear sound. It sounds really awesome

Iron Dog

I just ordered a BBE Sonic Stomp for my Marshall rig. I have an older rackmount BBE 461 Sonic Maximizer for my rack rig and after getting it hooked up properly realized the difference it makes and ordered the pedal.
Simply put it makes everything sound better, the difference is pretty amazing. There's a good review vid from Guitar World for the Sonic Stomp and you can hear the difference it makes.

Post to Thread