• JSHRED

Compression

OK, I play metal and shred.

So yes, go ahead and laugh about that, or about the fact that I've always used a modded Boss compressor as part of my rig.

With my supercharged Gambale-style right hand, it just helps give my fast-and-light picking a little more attack and bite.

So anyway, I've used my little light blue pedal forever without any complaints, but I've had a couple guys tell me recently that I should pick up a EHX Black Finger, and I'll forget all about my Boss pedal.

Anyone else use a compressor for metal / virtuoso shred stuff, and have a favorite pedal? Or anyone use a Black Finger? Or both?

Later all

\m/

• Geetarguy70

My guitarist uses a Keeley compressor man so it's not to uncommon for metal

• deus ex machina

I don't really do a lot of shredding, but I've got an MXR Custom Comp and I love it it. :)

• Vinny C.

I don't really do a lot of shredding, but I've got an MXR Custom Comp and I love it it. :)

Do a little bit of shredding but I love the custom comp as well. An overall really versatile comp. Gotten a lot of sounds out of it just with the front 2 knobs. Haven't really even played with the internal pots so much.

• JSHRED

Yeah, I'll check out the Keeley and the MXR. I already have a couple Zakk pedals in the path, another MXR wouldn't look out of place.
      My tone and technique are very close with John Petrucci, and I know he uses a Carl Martin. Never tried one, maybe I'll check that out too.

By the way, I totally agree about tone knobs being useless. :)

Thanks yall

Cancel