Behringer VT-100FXH Head

Updated
Behringer VT-100FXH Head
I'm young, on a budget, have a Spider IV 75, want something different. I know everyone hates on Behringer, but I've used a lot of their pedals and find them decent. So anyone wanna chime in on the quality/sound of the VT100 head? I play Metallica, and I roll back the gain a little for some RATM, I use a pretty heavy distortion, and Kirk Hammett-y clean (twangy, little chorus) and a Boosted solo channel, with a little more gain 100-Watt, 2-channel "Revolutionary VTC Virtual Tube Circuitry gives you the sound and feel of an authentic tube amp" dual digital FX processors with chorus/delay, chorus, flanger, delay plus separate reverb 2 full-featured channels 2 switchable modes on each channel: Clean/Crunch on the Clean and OD1/OD2 on the Overdrive channel Independent Bass, Mid and Treble tone controls on each channel Contour control for radical midrange sweep—from traditional to scooped modern FX loop fr external effects devices (rack effects, stomp boxes, wah-wah pedals, etc.) Dual footswitch FS112VT for Channel selection and FX bypass included Begin.
Shaun

Well because I guess I'm to lazy to step on two seperate things rather than one switch..not sarcastic. I really am too lazy...
ANYWAY, anyone have/played a B52 AT-100 triple rectifier? (the poor mans mesa :D)
Friend has one and loves it. one on craigslist for 550 with cabinet

NeedsMoreBlueBell

1RiD8f_dY9E

Shaun

saw that, 5 minutes ago actually :D sounds pretty nice, is he using a pedal for the distortion though?

NeedsMoreBlueBell

As a boost. Rectifiers are known for being a bit too flubby, and an OD pedal can tighten things up.

Shaun

hm. sound like a good deal though?

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Sounds like a good deal, IMO. Can you try it out?

Shaun

probably. gotta sell my amps before I can get anything though. Been on craigslist for a while. hope he still has it. I shot him an email

Shaun

theres one in a local craigslist ad for 550, for head AND matching cab, I never really talked about that...but I'll need one...

Velt017

IMO you are better off with a Marshall Valvestate than a B-52

If you want a crate, look around for a blue voodoo. Tweaked right, I've heard some awesome come out of there, but there's alot of crud sounds in there too. They go around $300 used, you can find them for less if you look hard.

Keep an eye on the Randall RT50. I think they're discontinued now, but I snagged one for $299 about a month ago. Its all tube and I use mine as a practice head. Basically I don't have to lug a head up 3 flights of stairs to practice once a week. It really does the job well. With Randalls they really do have too much low end and you have to tame it a lot. My settings are kind of weird with the gain and the treble dimed and the bass dialed way back, but it sounds awesome that way.

acefecoo

dude...don't buy Behringer
don't even buy a Behringer guitar pick

Shaun

dont think you've read much of the thread buddy.

Shaun

OKAY
Just put a down payment on a Randall RH150 with CHORUS
its also a "tube" amp. tube is in quotes because the only tube is a pre amp tube :D
but its great. right around 300 bucks.

Velt017

OKAY
Just put a down payment on a Randall RH150 with CHORUS
its also a "tube" amp. tube is in quotes because the only tube is a pre amp tube :D
but its great. right around 300 bucks.

Those are nice. You'll be happy with that.

deus ex machina

Nice! Good choice. Congrats. :)

Shaun

Glad i made a good choice, now if anyone wants to buy my amp so i can pay for it, feel free to pm me :D

Shaun

Alright CAB QUESTION
This dude has an old (and reasonably worn) Randall R412JB cab and would be willing to trade it for my spider IV 75, sound like a good deal? I imagine the randall cab would go nice with the randall head..but it looks like its got some bar gig stories it could tell :D
i beilve its got 4 jaguars (good speakers?) And ive read some good reviews about it. But is it worth trading for my basically new spider?

Post to Thread