Sinclair tremolo

Updated
Sinclair tremolo
Hello everyone, im waiting for my yellow M1 custom to be delivered in about a weeks time. It has a nice Sinclair chrome trem and chrome hardwear... Needs to be black! ..its all about black and yellow!!! Anyways.. Does anyone need a full sinclair tremolo including nut etc? I know they are like rocking horse sh1t to get hold of. Its missing the trem arm. £150 Thought id tell you on here first as id like it to stay ESP. ..dont want no kid throwing it in his Ibanez do we?:lol
BETRAYAL

Sorry i will take my sandwich elsewhere, there is a thread on here from 2008 from a guy who was after one and no one responded.

JSHRED

Not to recuscitate a thread already flagged for destruction by the resident anti-spam guard dog, but, if I can save a brother some time...

I spent a lot of time, way too much actually, over the last few months researching all things Sinclair. Unfortunately there isn't much out there. History has all but sandblasted the things from memory.

In short, parts are almost nonexistent, and even if you can find them, they are a fortune. To say nothing of getting the finish you want. Gold vs chrome vs black.

For your tremolo bar, I'd hit up Frets on the Net and see if they can do an adapter for you. Failing that, you'll have to go without a trem bar, or save up some cash and find a damned good luthier you trust to route out your trem cavity and install an OFR.

Sorry but that's the best news you'll get on this one.

Gfunk

but, if I can save a brother some time...

I spent a lot of time, way too much actually, over the last few months researching all things Sinclair. Unfortunately there isn't much out there. History has all but sandblasted the things from memory.

In short, parts are almost nonexistent, and even if you can find them, they are a fortune. To say nothing of getting the finish you want. Gold vs chrome vs black.

For your tremolo bar, I'd hit up Frets on the Net and see if they can do an adapter for you. Failing that, you'll have to go without a trem bar, or save up some cash and find a damned good luthier you trust to route out your trem cavity and install an OFR.

Sorry but that's the best news you'll get on this one.

Maybe I missed something, but I believe the purpose of this thread was to sell a trem, not acquire one.

BETRAYAL

Sorry lol! Yeah, thats why i thought it was worth starting a thread about it because i know how rare they are..
Could an OFR replace the sinclair without recessing?

JSHRED

Shit my bad.
And I usually get on other people for writing before reading first. Guilty.

To answer the question, if you mean putting a complete OFR unit into a Sinclair ESP, you need to rout it first. An OFR won't fit into the funky weird Sinclair cavity as-is.

BETRAYAL

Ok brother. I havnt had the guitar yet but the M1 custom looks like a surface mounted one, if it is, would that work to replace it with an OFR?

MV-CTM

take it to a competent guitar tech and have them see it

1point8t

The M-1 should be a non recessed route so you can drop a Floyd in that guitar no problem. I've read that Synclair's posts are further apart than an original Floyd, but I have had no problem swapping them around.

BETRAYAL

The M-1 should be a non recessed route so you can drop a Floyd in that guitar no problem. I've read that Synclair's posts are further apart than an original Floyd, but I have had no problem swapping them around.

Ok mate thanks for your help, the M1 customs you used to have were awesome great pic of them all together :D

1point8t

I miss them all. The yellow one is on ebay right now, the guys looking for $2200 for it... good luck! I sold it for $850 back in 2007.

BETRAYAL

Ha really?? Please post the link up, i looked last night but couldnt find any m1 customs.

BETRAYAL

Jesus

Hugo S.

Hi, since that i cant find an early 90's sinclair for my MII custom, i want to know what to replace it with? does anyone have done it ? thanks!

The G.

3rd post from the top should help.

BETRAYAL

Gotoh floyds are the best replacement. They sit lower than a OFR. 

maurice m.

Have you done it? Routing involved? i might try to jbweld the stripped saddle and retap... not sure yet

Nathan G.

I would love to buy your Sinclair. I have a 47th st custom mirage thats lacking the tremolo. Lets make a deal!

Herta Hary

I'd be thrilled to purchase your Sinclair. I don't have a tremolo on my custom Mirage from 47th Street. Let's work out a bargain! 

Post to Thread