tiny terror vs dark terror

Updated
Digiadaamore
ok guys can anyone compare a tiny with a boost to a dark? can a boosted tiny do brootz like the dark? im mainly worried about getting cleans with a dark, i know the tiny can do cleans, can the dark do cleans like the tiny?
Irontusk73

No there are VERY little cleans with the dark. WE had one at my work and ....yeah If you want cleans go for the Tiny Terror or the Dual Terror.

Digiadaamore

No there are VERY little cleans with the dark. WE had one at my work and ....yeah If you want cleans go for the Tiny Terror or the Dual Terror.

did you ever run the tiny terror for heavy tones like the dark? with a boost infront

cecilbag

I have a tiny terror combo and it gets very heavy distortion with the onboard gain. I have ran a couple pedals with mine. I think they are great sounding amps. I haven't tried the dark but you can play metal with a regular terror so it must be crazy.

Beto

I've been thinking about one of those chinese Oranges, too.

I'd say Dual Terror because 2 channels are better than one.

Are you thinking about a combo or a head?

If this is the latter, you might consider this one instead:

6Akwf5sLk-o

bawrYG51yLE

DMg8j5Z9tlg

load more replies (1 of 1)
Digiadaamore

I have a tiny terror combo and it gets very heavy distortion with the onboard gain. I have ran a couple pedals with mine. I think they are great sounding amps. I haven't tried the dark but you can play metal with a regular terror so it must be crazy.

Do you have any demo of your tt?

cecilbag

No I don't have any demo of it sorry. I can say stay away from the th30. I bought one while on vacation in AZ and it sounded great for 6-7 months then just died. Turned on the standby and heard a weird sound so flipped it off and couldn't find anything but it was broken. My buddy was an orange dealer so I got an exchange but I just traded it off. I liked the tone but I had a crap one.

Beto

What did your buddy say about that? Has it happened to other TH30 amps?
Would you mind asking him?

I have been really considering one of these because they are suitable for bedroom use and half the price of a Rockerverb 50, but now I think I need more info.

deus ex machina

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't like the Tiny Terror.

I think it sounds super boxy and tiny, IMO.

Interloper

One persons bad experience with one TH-30 is no reason to stay away from them. I have owned 2 Rockerverb's and the first one I had had an issue with the reverb making a hissing sound, I called the place I bought it from and about 15 minutes later one of the head guys from England had called me at home to get more details about the problem. He was very professional and offered to pay shipping, labor, parts, etc. to have it fixed. I didn't have time so I ended up trading it for the 100 watt version and it was back in the store working perfect about 10 days later. You can't really beat that for customer service.

Anyway, to answer the original question, a boosted TT still won't sound as tight or brootal as the DT but the DT is not designed for cleans. I use a GSP for my cleans at home.

Velt017

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't like the Tiny Terror.

I think it sounds super boxy and tiny, IMO.

I agree 100%. It sounds tinny and small. Like it wants to hit me but has the flu and just can't bring itself to get out of bed.

Tone is in the hands of course, but maybe my hands just aren't good enough for this one.

SweetLeaf

What about grabbing the OR15? Does cleans, has gain, based in the Tiny Terror platform, and in the same price range.

Post to Thread