EHX modulation pedals

Updated
EHX modulation pedals
I decided to go analog, since I usually keep the same sets in the effects I use. I already had a a BOSS TU-3, an Ibanez TS9 reissue and a Morley Bad Horsie 2, and ordered some MXR last week (Carbon Copy, Phase 100 and Analog Chorus). I'm probably ordering the Electro-Harmonix Freeze. Besides that, I'm wondering about the Pulsar (tremolo) and The Worm (vibrato/tremolo/phase/wah -- but with some interesting features) because I saw a couple of very interesting reviews on YT. On a side note, the demo video about the Malekko Vibrato is very nice, too. Any thoughts?
cecilbag

The coolest tremolo pedal I've seen in awhile is the Looker. It's an optical trem. I tried the worm but it seemed very mushy in person but I tried it through a horrible amp.

imprinted

The freeze is a cool toy to play with. I personally have a Lightfoot Labs goatkeeper III Tremolo but since you're keen on "set and forget" I'd have a look at the Suhr Jack Rabbit - it looks pretty awesome!

Expensive & Digital but the best sounding pedals I own are the Strymon stuff. Haven't heard a bad pedal from them. I own the Timeline but I'm still wanting the El Capistan and the Brigadier as they're different enough to justify me owning them!

Murdoc

That E.H. Freeze looks very cool! Been wanting that. The carbon copy is very popular, I've only heard good things about it but never heard/used it. I like Boss delays myself. Have fun with your new toys when they come in!!

Beto

Thanks for the opinions.

I've spent several hours reading opinions on forums, reviews and watching videos on YT. I had always been away from pedals because I thought I would replace my GT-3 with another multi-effects. So, that this is a whole new world for me.

The Freeze really grabbed me, I'm going to order one.

About the tremolo, the one I liked the most among those mentioned above was the Suhr JackRabbit. Very versatile, small, and the tap/strum feature is a plus.

If I don't find another alternative, the Vibrato will be the Malekko. Very small, and I don't see why it would need to to more than it does.

Also considering an OD, right now trying to compare the Hermida Zendrive and the Suhr Shiba Drive.

About the Worm, I'm probably giving up on it. It almost makes me sad when I watch the demo below. The guy did a lot with this pedal.

Please keep opinions coming up.

34usT_FstBo

Post to Thread