Blackstar HT-5R vs HT-5RS

Updated
Digiadaamore
Hey guys im going to be picking up an ht5 and i was wondering. is there a large difference between the 1x12 combo and the stack with the 2 12's? im not looking for more volume or anything, the lower volume is what i want, im just wondering if there is a tonal difference
Digiadaamore

Also has anyone played with the 4x8 cab? i could get the head and 4x8 for the same as the 2x12

deus ex machina

AFAIK, the cabs they sell them with have 10" speakers, not 12.

They do sell other 1x12 cabs, tho, but the ones they USUALLY sell the HT-5 with are 10".

Digiadaamore

AFAIK, the cabs they sell them with have 10" speakers, not 12.

They do sell other 1x12 cabs, tho, but the ones they USUALLY sell the HT-5 with are 10".

you are correct sort of:p they used to be 10 but theyve upgraded a bunch of things and changed to 12

SweetLeaf

I'd go for the HT-5RS, with just one 1x12 instead of the combo. Closed back is better than open back, imo. I had the HT-5 and 1x10 a year or so back, and I have to say, I actually miss that amp. But the best advice I can give you is go play them with your main guitar and see what sounds best.

EDIT: To actually answer you question :lol : It won't necessarily be louder, but you'll get a tone that's a little more lively and has some dimension.

Digiadaamore

I'd go for the HT-5RS, with just one 1x12 instead of the combo. Closed back is better than open back, imo. I had the HT-5 and 1x10 a year or so back, and I have to say, I actually miss that amp. But the best advice I can give you is go play them with your main guitar and see what sounds best.

EDIT: To actually answer you question :lol : It won't necessarily be louder, but you'll get a tone that's a little more lively and has some dimension.

The combo is 449.99, the stack with 2 12s is 599.99 and if i get the head and one 1x12 it would be 579.99 i think id rather get the stack for 20$ more

is there a good 1x12 cab for less than 200$ thats what the blackstar would cost

Post to Thread