Amp and Effects Pedal Questions

Updated
Duellist
Hey all, Relatively new here and just bought my first ESP last week(H-1001fm) and so far its hands down the best guitar Ive ever owned. Anyways, I'm looking for a half decent amp to noodle around with at home and have pretty much decided on a Roland Cube 80xl.(any thoughts?) I'm not in a band or jamming with anyone at the moment so its just for a practice amp. I'm also looking at buying a boss effects board( like the GT-10) My question is can a guy use a GT-10 with the Roland amp or is it a waste seeing as the amp is loaded with boss effects anyway? Also seeing as I'm just a guy who like to play at home and learn his favorite tunes is it still worth it to own one? Whats the general consensus on the Boss effects boards? Any good? Any Problems? are they too complicated for a newbie figure out? Thanks in Advance!
fireheart82

why not a used axe fx std ? all in one..

cecilbag

An axe would be four times the cost of what he described

Irontusk73

Just grab up a Peavey Vypyr with a footswitch.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Velt017

Try either the new Marshall MGs (the ones with the silver faceplates) or the new Fender Mustang 1

best practice amps I've ever heard. The cube is cool, but the new Marshall MGs and Fender Mustangs blow them out of the water at a retardedly good price. The fender is $100 and the Marshall is $150 for I think 15 watts. Both are very tubelike

The Fender will cover everything, but the Marshall is very Marshall. Not enough gain on tap for me on the Marshall, but I'd be curious to see how it handled an OD.

Duellist

Thanks guys, any thoughts on using a boss gt-10 with these amps? Are they worth the money for just something to screw around with at home?

load more replies (1 of 1)
cecilbag

My practice setup with all the amps I own is a peavey bandit 65 and boss gt10. I love the tone I get and it can be quite enough to play with someone on the phone next to you or loud enough to hang with a drummer. I really like the gt10 and used they can be had for 300 usually

Justinschut

I really think the Line6 Spiders are the ideal amps for at home. You can get any sound you want, with all the effects you need which you can save in a whole bunch of presets and the never versions already come with a buttload of presets.

Also, headphones out or direct out to your pc for easy recording, built in tuner and I think they sound pretty good. Also don't cost shit used (or new)

Post to Thread