EB 52 low E sounds muddy

Updated
Digiadaamore
Hey guys i just swapped the 48 from my power slinkies out for a 52 in an effort to have better balanced tension. I dont know if its the heavier string but now it sounds much less defined than before also my tremsprings are a little eover tightened ie the front of trem is lower than the back. Could that do it?
Digiadaamore

Also what does everyone think of this set 12-16-20-30-40-52. Im thinking of trying this out cause im finding my 11s a little slinkier than i want am i crazy? Does anyone play 12 in standard?

Irontusk73

I use Daddario EXL145 (12 16 20P 32 42 54) I to was having trouble with conventional 11's You may try Daddario EXL116's as well. Daddario makes higher tension strings than Ernie Ball so give them a shot.

load more replies (1 of 1)
HateEvent

I used to use 12-56 in E on my Explorer. Gave lots of presence and volume.

Have you opened up your nut slot(s) to accommodate the bigger strings? Or are you on a Floyd and have a locking nut?

It is odd that you are finding it to have less definition. When set up correctly (check your truss rod and intonation once you balance the bridge) it should have more definition.

Digiadaamore

I used to use 12-56 in E on my Explorer. Gave lots of presence and volume.

Have you opened up your nut slot(s) to accommodate the bigger strings? Or are you on a Floyd and have a locking nut?

It is odd that you are finding it to have less definition. When set up correctly (check your truss rod and intonation once you balance the bridge) it should have more definition.

On a floyd. And thats exactly what i thought too? Big string more tension tighter tone

deus ex machina

The thicker the strigns in the same tuning, the more low-end they pump.

Digiadaamore

Well i just got done with stringing up the heavy cores. simply put amazing the sustain and punch, clarity and definition. its fantastic the feel is wonderful as well. everyone should at least try these once

Post to Thread