string info please

Updated
Digiadaamore
Hey guys im currently using exl110's im thinking about trying the 110+. Would a guitar with a floyd need a truss adjustment for this change?
WildeStarr

With the increase in the string gauge and tension, you will need to tighten the tremolo springs to balance things out (if you have a FR and the bridge is floating). A very minor truss rod adjustment (tighten) and/or lowering the action a slight bit might be needed if you are using a guitar with a standard Gibson style bridge.

Murdoc

Hey guys im currently using exl110's im thinking about trying the 110+. Would a guitar with a floyd need a truss adjustment for this change?
Your really gonna have to just string it up and see what minor adjustments if any need to be done. Wildestarr is prob. right, the trem springs will have to be increased to compensate for the increase in string tension.

Digiadaamore

One thing, i play in Eb do you think i should just go to 11-49? I thought 10.5 would be better balanced but the tension chart shows 11's might be better

Digiadaamore

One more question. When i go up in gauge should i adjust the trem springs or truss first

Murdoc

One more question. When i go up in gauge should i adjust the trem springs or truss first

Doesn't matter which one first, you might not need to adj the truss rod. Just see if you have any fret buzz and I would see if I could raise the bridge to avoid messing with the truss. Good luck.

Post to Thread