blackberry smoke southern rock sound.

Updated
loversmoon
I have a Marshall jvm 205, washburn x35 with dimarzio mo joe-joe combo and a Ltd ec 1000 with duncan jb-59 combo. I recently have fallen in love with blackberry smoke. they are a southern rock band from atlanta. Im chasing that nice southern rock tone. anyone got any suggestions as to a good overdrive that might give me this tone. Or any other equipment as far as that is concerned. I realize tone is 90% in the hands or so they say. Just wanting some good suggestions that might put me on the right track.
ChrisMetal86

Tone is in your equipment... feel/soul/expression are in your hands;)

loversmoon

everyone says different stuff. Id agree with you. tone is ur equipment..but im after that tone.

Strange

I would think you would be able to dial in that kind of tone just using the JVM.

Re; Blackberry Smoke, their drummer used to play for a fantastic Metal band back in the day.

JSHRED

Southern-Fried rock band in Atlanta?
Consider me intrigued by this.

On a related note, I so totally wish Eric Sardinas was coming to Hotlanta. He is amazing live.

jt76

anyone who happens to be reading this old thread and is trying to get the blackberry smoke sound or something similar. I would recommend a Fulltone OCD pedal. You can get a lot of different sounds out them. real good for getting some vintage distortion sounds. Sounds like natural tube breakup. They are reasonably priced. Also works fairly well if you need overdrive an already fully distorted amp.

Post to Thread