help with guitar rig experiment...

Updated
ESPEngelke
When guitarists use like multiple Amp heads all plugged into eachother, what are they set too? I imagine if they all were set to the heaviest loudest tone itd blow the cab, lol... so what are they all set too? Im thinking about trying this on guitar rig 4, I have it and the "Gratifier" is essentially a MesaBoogie head. I know GR isnt the same as a real amp but I wanted to give it a shot. thanks
Geetarguy70

I use 2 Mesa heads live and I A/B between them on either channel. I use the Roadster on channel 2 for cleans with heavy reverb and a chorus unit in the effects loop. Then the Triple Rect I run a BBE Sonic Maximizer and noise gate into the effects loops and a reverb pedal infront of the amp and a noise gate and use this for heavy. If either amp fucks up which has happened, I have the other channels set so I just make a quick adjustment. Everything is set at 100w out and each head has a dedicated cab sometimes 2 each depending on the size of the venue

ESPEngelke

im talking like,
head+head+head+head+head+cab.
all used at the same time.
One of th guitarists in RAMMSTEIN do this i believe.

Geetarguy70

I do that as well and you get a shit ton of sustain and overdrive but you have to have one hell of a noise gate. Wouldn't change how you route to the cab. Which ever cab is last in the chain will be your speaker out.

ESPEngelke

so what are they set too?
like for instance in a 4 head chain, what would they be set too to get a awesome distortion sound?

Geetarguy70

Depends on taste, I have one set to high gain and alot of bass and treb and 12 olclock mids and lower volume. Then on the triple rect, I reduce the gain and bass and treb just a bit and jack the volume as it is 150wts. If you jack the gain on both it can get noisy. Basically this give you never ending sustain but still alot of noise and my noise gate helps alot. I run than into a mesa 4x12 and out of the mesa 4x12 in a marshall 4x12.

ESPEngelke

word thanks for the insight, like i said guitar rig isnt exact but its pretty close..

i might copy your setup on there and see whats up lol

ESPEngelke

word thanks for the insight, like i said guitar rig isnt exact but its pretty close..

i might copy your setup on there and see whats up lol
*my taste is like.... wall of sound. HEAVY guitar.

Geetarguy70

Here you go man. These are the best pics I have on this computer of the set up. Normally both heads are in that case but I had just re tubed that top one. I'm in a Metallica Tribute so we like it plenty loud!

ESPEngelke

dude! you are amazing!
lol nice gear!
thanks!

Post to Thread