Used Cab Choice Framus or Genz Benz

Updated
Used Cab Choice Framus or Genz Benz
Hey guys I'm looking for a good used cab locally and have come across two, both about an hour and a half away. The first is a Framus 4x12 loaded with Eminence Swamp Thangs and Tonkers (not in an X pattern) and the guys asking $500 The second is a Genz Benz 212G-Flex that's stock and the guys asking $350. Both would probably work very well. They'll be hooked up to a Rocktron Voodu Valve preamp and most likely a Rocktron Velocity 300 amp. They will be used at home, but may be used live, if I go the band route. I play metal and don't know if Eminence Swamp Thangs and Tonkers would go real well for that and I do like the portability of the 2x12. Opinions?
Velt017

Genz Benz cabs are sweet.

Never tried a framus 4x12

Iron Dog

Thanks Velt, there are a lot of positive reviews for the Genz Benz and I do like the portability of the 2x12. I'll be heading out on my next days off to give them both a try.

cecilbag

framus does have some nice stuff but I've only heard a dragon cab with greenbacks

Iron Dog

Hey thanks Cecilbag, how did you like the Dragon cab, quality wise? I've talked to the guy and it is a Framus Dragon cab, he's replaced the stock V30's with the Swamp Thangs and Tonkers.

cecilbag

I thought the cab sounded great but I was in a music store and couldn't properly push it. I've heard a cobra half stack live and wasn't impressed but I attribute that to the players settings, very scooped

Post to Thread