2 Questions: Onespot adapter and solo boost

Updated
Justinschut
Ok 2 questions, one is about the Onespot adapter: I have one and liked it, but then I tried to put it in a socket with protective plastic or whatever in it and the pins pretty much went into the adapter. They still stick out, but I can't get it in any socket anymore cuz they're so loose. Any ideas or should I buy a new one ? It prolly still works if I could get the pins in the outlet.. Couldn't find any way of opening it, no screws anywhere.. Second question is about boosting my sound for guitar solo's. I don't have a great amp at the moment so I usually play amps with no Brootz and just use my Line6 Metal Zone pedal for distortion and noise gate and when I do play a good amp, I have a noise gate pedal. When I play solo's tho, it would be nice to have them be a bit louder so people actually hear them. Now for a lead sound I usually switch to the neck pickup on my ESP, but my RAN doesn't have a neck pickup, so when I play the RAN it would be nice to boost it and maybe shape the sound a bit, what would work best for something like this ? An OD pedal, EQ, boost, volume pedal ?
cbbass123

Just buy another 1spot adapter. Its cheaper to just buy one than possible fry a pedal. As for boosting solos, I used to use and MXR Micro Amp, but since you wanna shape your boosted tone, then I would recommend a MXR 10 Band EQ pedal. With the EQ pedal, you can shape your tone and raise the overall signal output.

Justinschut

Yeah I was thinking something along those lines, thanx. I don't think the 1spot would fry a pedal tho, pretty sure it still works fine but the pins won't stay in place

cecilbag

I love those 1spots. Maybe try waxing it to make it stay but I'd probably get a new one. For a boost, I agree that an eq is your best bet for your requirements. Although I like a maxon od808

Justinschut

The 1spot is impossible to open, so I can't really get to the problem.. I already bought a new one tho. I just got a reply from the store I bought it from and they said I should send it to them and they'll see if it's under warranty and they might replace it :p

I need 1 this Saturday tho, so that's why I just went ahead and bought a new one. I'll look into those EQ's but I', somewhat broke right now so it might take a while

Justinschut

Second question is about boosting my sound for guitar solo's. I don't have a great amp at the moment so I usually play amps with no Brootz and just use my Line6 Metal Zone pedal for distortion and noise gate and when I do play a good amp, I have a noise gate pedal.

When I play solo's tho, it would be nice to have them be a bit louder so people actually hear them. Now for a lead sound I usually switch to the neck pickup on my ESP, but my RAN doesn't have a neck pickup, so when I play the RAN it would be nice to boost it and maybe shape the sound a bit, what would work best for something like this ? An OD pedal, EQ, boost, volume pedal ?

I'm looking for a cheap pedal to do the trick. Right now I'm looking at the Digitech Bad Monkey, any other recommendations in that price range ?

jet66

To truly boost the volume, I'd look at an EQ. An OD can boost the volume a little bit, but it will also add some compression which will make it seem not as loud. I have no idea what is out there for EQ pedals in that price range.

Justinschut

hmm.. I've looked around but so far the only cheap EQ I saw was Harley Benton (Thomann in Germany's own brand) but no idea how good it is. There's also Behringer, but I'm not going there, not for effect pedals anyway..

Some guy in the local music store said the same about OD's and volume, but he said I should put it in the fx loop to boost the power section if I want more volume

jet66

I've heard that will work, but haven't tried it myself. Seems sound in theory, though.

Justinschut

Just remembered I have a Metal Zone lying around somewhere, maybe I can use that to boost the signal if I take out the gain. Also has some tone controls so it might work..

jet66

You can give it a shot, but even with the gain down, they're still pretty gained-up.

Post to Thread