passive pickups.

Updated
unforgiven
i have an old cimar guitar that i want to replace the pickup in. only has 1humbucker. it looks like a dean ml but with a pick guard. i play mostly metallica. i was looking at an emg hz4. just wanted to know what others think.
deus ex machina

Why not just go for the real deal 81, then?

unforgiven

there is no room for a battery and i don't want to pay for the body to be routed out

exhibit-sbt

i usually just put some foam or electrical tape around the battery and shove it behind the pots...

unforgiven

everything is on the pickguard and i don't want to take it apart every time to change the battery.

exhibit-sbt

everything is on the pickguard and i don't want to take it apart every time to change the battery.

It really is only like once every 8-10 months. We managed to install an 18v mod (2- 9volts) into a gibson flying v's pickguard housing before.

jsp

x2n

Spoonylove

Don't get the HZ. Dimarzio X2N should do just fine.

unforgiven

how bout a crunch lab?

Velt017

TBH bro, that guitar might not even be worth as much as the pickup you put in it. I'd just save up some cash and keep an eye on the used market. Pick up something nicer on the cheap, the market is shit right now, I've been fucking stealing beautiful guitars lately.

exhibit-sbt

TBH bro, that guitar might not even be worth as much as the pickup you put in it. I'd just save up some cash and keep an eye on the used market. Pick up something nicer on the cheap, the market is shit right now, I've been fucking stealing beautiful guitars lately.

Yeah... Velt's not been making many friends with the number of deals he's been grabbing. :p

load more replies (1 of 1)
deus ex machina

Crunch Lab is probably a great-sounding pickup, but I doubt it sounds like an 81 at all.

ozzuk1

You can probably grab an X2N on the used market for agood price thats probably the closest tone 81 the h4's arent terrible pickups but there are better passives about...

Crunch lab is a good pickup, but may not be br00tals enough, if you do pickup a cheap x2n you can always take it out when you get a new guitar or whatever...

unforgiven

i have 3 other guitars this is just a project guitar i am working on.

Post to Thread