Hefield Signiture EMG's

Updated
Hefield Signiture EMG's
Anyone tried the new het EMG's? Interested in knowing if the claim to get active power of 81 and 60 with the clarity of a passive is achieved.
Newfs

When your playing TLITD the 81 sounds dirtier than the JH and it looks like you play with the guitar volume. IIR, with my set the JH have more OD than the 81s.

Vazman2

Vid isn't min. But yeah..

actionshark

So there is more gain in the Het Set?

Saiko

Why is it that nobody who has these pickups can do a good comparison video, even with decent gear? Not bashing anyone, but if you are comparing pickups you should take the time to use a decent recording setup as the videos I have seen thus far really do not do the original EMGS or the new Hetfield EMGs justice. I'd personally like to hear them vs the EMG 81x/60x set myself as that would be a more appropriate comparison. Perhaps I will get a set and do one...

deus ex machina

Well... isn't the preamp on the JH set the same as the regular EMG's? Why would comparing them to the X's be more adequate? :confused:

I'm really wanting to give these a try myself too...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Justinschut

Please do

Newfs

Mine just came in from EMG... Get this Im getting dinged duty for an RMA... WTF

I'll see what I can put together, its no shure57 but its a HD camcorder... better than an Ipod I would hope.

actionshark

Glad you got them back! :D

Newfs

Me too. Just a little PO'd that I had to drop another $30 on them. Im sure James from EMG will straighten it out for me.

actionshark

Me too. Just a little PO'd that I had to drop another $30 on them. Im sure James from EMG will straighten it out for me.

Did you call him yet?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Justinschut

Hetfield'll fix it

actionshark

You should text him, much faster!

Newfs

how do I text him?

actionshark

You have James' email, but not his phone number?

Newfs

Its James K. at EMG, not James "H".

I will try calling when they open. Its not a big deal, just a frustrating as I payed the duty on these when I brought them over the border and then to get nailed again.

actionshark

You'd have better support with James H. :hat

Newfs

Not me but this comparison should help ppl out. make sure to select HD video

My camera unfortunatly does a crap job of recording my amp.

idOnDOvuc2w

actionshark

They sound good, I'd like to see that comparison with some older 80's Metallica tones, and some Load and Reload tones.

deus ex machina

In that vid, the JH strikes me as more bassy and less middy. I like it.

Post to Thread