Hefield Signiture EMG's

Updated
Hefield Signiture EMG's
Anyone tried the new het EMG's? Interested in knowing if the claim to get active power of 81 and 60 with the clarity of a passive is achieved.
Mr.Dahl

Stick to the regular ones instead of buying a sig. set. Same shit.

Justinschut

Make sure you know what you're talking about before you post dude

Mr.Dahl

I meant sig. pickups are the same like the regular EMG's.

deus ex machina

I meant sig. pickups are the same like the regular EMG's.
Nope. The JH set has polepieces (81 and 60 have blades on the inside).

load more replies (1 of 1)
Justinschut

Exactly, they're not just 81's and 60's in a box with a Hetfield picture on it like the ZW set

Newfs

Im interested in these as when I first bought my ESP eclipse I was looking for Black Nickel covers. This is just a bonus that they are tweaked by JH himself.

Is swapping EMGs as easy as tossing your strings and unscrewing them, disconnect, and install the new ones?

Thanks.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Newfs

well, I bit.

I'll let everyone know how they sound when I get them in a few weeks.

cecilbag

theres another thread on here where someone just got a set in. He took some nice pics and they look pretty cool, check it out. I want to hear them as well

Newfs

I tried looking could not find anything. If you find the post link me in!

Mine have shipped so I will be installing them soon. If i dont like them they will be going up on ebay.

cecilbag

its right in the signiture series forum, he works for a store in new jersey that got them in I believe

Newfs

ya I found it. Thanks.

ridner

I have plans to drop a set in my Eclipse II

Newfs

Right on. Mine should be here tomorrow. cant wait to try them out.

actionshark

Need more videos when you get them in.

Newfs

I dont really have any good recording equipment, but I will do a "before and after" with my Canon FS100

Should I leave my dials on my amp or set them to 12:00 for the demos?

actionshark

Whatever gives you the best crunch!

Justinschut

Yeah just set the amp to where it sounds good and then leave it there for both pickups

Newfs

Also, you guys think strings would impact the sound much. Right now I have EBs but I only have new sets of DRs.

Im going to try and change the pickups by only loosening the strings, Im guessing I should have enough slack to work with.

Justinschut

Yeah I'd use the same strings if you can. Used strings from one brand will definately sound different than brand new strings from another brand

cecilbag

I like the more metalic sound of dr 10's with emg, very cutting

Post to Thread